Customize your HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in settings
Last updated: February 22, 2021
|All products and plans|
In your Office 365 add-in settings, you can configure your default options for the add-in. You can connect the add-in to another HubSpot account, configure your default log and track settings, and access your email integration settings.
Please note: if you are using the Outlook desktop add-in, the add-in settings will look different in your mail client. Learn more about how to customize your Outlook desktop add-in settings.To access your add-in settings:
- If you're using an Outlook desktop account on a PC or a Mac, in the main ribbon in your account, click Sales Tools. In the right pane, in the More section, click Add-in settings.
- If you're using an Outlook on the web account or Outlook.com account, compose a new email and click the HubSpot sprocket icon sprocket in the bottom right corner of your email composition window. In the right pane, click Add-in settings.
Log and track settings
You can customize your default log and track preferences so the settings are applied each time you send an email. You can also add email addresses and domains to the Never log list to prevent emails sent to these addresses or domains from logging to HubSpot.
Customize your log and track preferences
Configure your preferences so you don't have to select the log and track checkboxes each time you send an email.
- To log every email that you send to HubSpot, click to toggle the Log email switch on.
- To track every email that you send, click to toggle the Track email switch on.
Automatically log emails to associated record types
You can also customize which associated records the emails will automatically log to. For example, you can choose to only log emails to the record's associated deal records or only to existing contacts in your CRM.
- Click the Default associations dropdown menu and select the associated records to log to:
- Existing contacts: automatically log emails to contacts who already have a record for their email address in your CRM.
- New contacts: automatically log emails to new contacts included on the email. If the email is sent to an email address that is not associated to an existing contact in your CRM, a new contact record will be created and the email will log to this record.
- Companies: automatically log emails to associated company records.
- Deals: automatically log emails to associated deal records.
- Tickets: automatically log emails to associated ticket records.
Learn how to edit email associations before sending the email.
Pin the task pane open
For an email to successfully log and track, the add-in task pane must be open when you send a logged or tracked email. You can pin this task pane in your inbox so it is always open.
- Click the Sales Tools sprocket icon in the email client to open the task pane. In Outlook on the desktop, this icon is in the ribbon at the top of the email composition window, and in Outlook.com or Outlook on web, the icon is at the bottom right of the email composition window.
- In the top right of the task pane, click the pin pin icon.
Please note: the read pane and compose pane need to be pinned separately. Closing the add-in pane will un-pin it.
When accessing your email from Outlook.com, you cannot pin the task pane open in the inbox. Microsoft does not support pinnable task panes on Outlook.com.
Never log settings
Emails sent to an email address or domain included in your Never log list will never save to your CRM. Email tracking activity will also not appear on the contact's timeline.
- In the Never log field, enter email addresses or domains you don't want to log emails for and click Add.
- Users with Account access permissions can block email addresses and domains for every user in their account. Enter the email addresses or domains then click the Add dropdown menu and select Block for all users.
- To remove an email address or domain from this list, hover over it and click the delete icon delete.
Email integration settings
Manage the settings for your connected inbox. You'll be brought to your HubSpot account's email integration settings where you can connect or disconnect your inbox, and configure the following additional extension settings:
You'll see your account information listed here. If you're using multiple HubSpot accounts, you can switch which account the add-in is linked to:
- Click Switch connected HubSpot account, then click Select next to your other HubSpot account.
- Click Continue, then click Got it.
You can also sign out of your HubSpot account from the add-in by clicking Sign out of HubSpot.
In addition to customizing your extension's settings, you can access the HubSpot Knowledge Base, take a tour of the add-in and its features, or review HubSpot's Customer Terms of Service from the add-in settings. You can also uninstall the HubSpot Sales Add-in or submit feedback on the add-in directly from the extension settings.
Track and log emails with the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in
Use the Track and Log features of the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in to monitor and keep a record of...Knowledge Base
Understand HubSpot Sales email open and click tracking
When you send a tracked email from your email inbox using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension, HubSpot Sales...Knowledge Base
Turn on connected inbox automation
When you connect your inbox to HubSpot, you can allow inbox automation to turn on Artificial Intelligence...Knowledge Base