Facebook setup requirements
- Integrate with HubSpot using a Facebook ads account and a Facebook page(s).
- Integrate with HubSpot using a Facebook Business Manager account.
The requirements for setting up the integration with each of these two methods are covered below:
Integrate with HubSpot using a Facebook ads account and a Facebook page(s)You can integrate your lead ads with HubSpot using a Facebook ads account and a Facebook page(s), none of which have been associated with a Facebook Business Manager account. When integrating using this method, please keep in mind the following:
- The HubSpot user who connects a Facebook ad account to HubSpot must be an admin of the Facebook ad account. Additionally, the user must be an admin of any Facebook pages that ads are posted to from this ad account.
- For any other user in your HubSpot account to create a Facebook lead ad in HubSpot, they must also be a Facebook user who has admin access to the Facebook company page and the advertiser permission level or above for the ad account connected to HubSpot.
- In HubSpot, clicking Create ad campaign > Facebook lead ad opens a Facebook window. To create an ad here, you must be signed into Facebook as a user who has the advertiser permission level or above to create ads in the connected Facebook ad account. You'll be able to choose from Facebook pages that you have admin access to.
After reading the above requirements, click here to jump to the instructions below for creating a lead ad.
Integrate with HubSpot using a Facebook Business Manager account
- The HubSpot user who connects a Facebook ad account must be an admin of the ad account within the FBM account. Additionally, this user must be an admin of any Facebook pages they wish to create ads for within the FBM account. These user permissions can be managed in Facebook here.
Please note: even if a user was previously an admin of a Facebook ad account or Facebook page, once those assets are part of a FBM account, all users must be assigned roles for those assets within FBM settings.
- There must be a FBM relationship between the connected Facebook ad accounts and any Facebook pages you're creating ads for. Either these assets must exist in the same FBM account or there must be a partner relationship between the FBM accounts that each asset exists in. If users need to share assets between FBM accounts in order to create the partner relationship, users should ensure that they have admin access for pages and advertiser or above access for ad accounts in both FBM accounts.
- For any other HubSpot user to create a Facebook lead ad in HubSpot, they must also be a Facebook user who has admin access to the Facebook page and advertiser permission level or above for the ad account connected to HubSpot.
- In HubSpot, clicking Create ad campaign > Facebook lead ad from HubSpot opens a Facebook window. To create an ad here, you must be signed into Facebook as a user who has advertiser or above access to create ads in the connected Facebook ad account. You will be able to choose from Facebook pages that you have admin access to and which have a FBM relationship to the connected ad account.
- The user who's connecting the FBM account with HubSpot must have Leads Access. By default, all page admins and connected CRMs have Leads Access. To manage Leads Access in Facebook:
- In your FBM account, navigate to Business Settings > Leads Access.
- If you still have your default settings in place, no action is required.
- If your access settings have been customized, ensure that whomever is setting up the integration has Leads Access. Additionally, if HubSpot Ads appears in the CRM list, also ensure that HubSpot Ads has Leads Access.
For additional information on page roles and Business Manager roles, check out these Facebook documents:
How to create a lead ad
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Content > Ads.
- Click Create ad campaign > Facebook lead ad.
- In the dialog box that appears, click the dropdown menu and select the Facebook page that you'd like to link to HubSpot ads, then click Continue.
- Next, set up the form that will appear when visitors click your ad:
- In the Info Form, select which fields will appear on your form. By default, Email and Full name will be selected. Click Show more options to select additional fields.
- Enter a page URL in the Website Link field to link visitors to your website once they've submitted your form.
- You can review a preview of your form on the right-hand side of the dialog box. Once you've set up your form, click Next.
- Set the headline, text, image, and call-to-action for your ad in the Ad Creative section. You can see a preview of your ad on the right-hand side.
- Scroll down to the Audience section to determine which visitors you'd like to target your ad to. Click the radio button next to a previously created audience or click Create new audience to set up a new target audience. If you're not sure who to target, creating a re-marketing audience can be a great place to start. Learn more here.
- Next, scroll down to set your budget, duration, and payment options:
- Set your daily average budget. Please note that the actual amount spent daily may vary, as determined by Facebook based on the opportunities for results each day. A minimum of $5.00 is recommended. Review the Estimated People Reached section to see how many people you can expect to reach based on your selected audience and budget.
- Set a duration for your ad. Use the 7 / 14 / 28 days buttons to quickly set a duration of one, two, or three weeks, or click the Run this ad until date picker to set a custom duration.
- Review the total price of your ad at the bottom of the Budget and Duration section.
- Under Payment, select the currency in which you'd like to be charged. Your budget and total price will be updated to reflect changes made to the currency.
- Once you've set up your form, click Promote to begin showing it to your target audience.
How to analyze your lead ads
HubSpot will automatically import new leads generated by your lead ads and update your contacts with the data from lead ads submissions. If you have a Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, you can build new smart lists for just lead ad conversions to ensure quick follow-up and workflows based on leads.
You can also see how your lead ads are doing from within your HubSpot account:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Content > Ads.
- Under the Campaigns tab, you'll see the status of each of your ads, along with the spend amount and the number of contacts generated.
- Click the name of an ad to see more data.
- At the top of the page, you'll see an overview of your ad's performance.
- The Run length report will show you the status and set duration of your ad.
- The Placement report will give you a breakdown of the devices used to view your ad. You can see the percentages and hover over to see the device type and exact number of visitors reached on each device.