Facebook ads account and Facebook page(s)You can integrate your lead ads with HubSpot using a Facebook ads account and Facebook page(s), neither of which are associated with a Facebook Business Manager account. Keep in mind:
- The HubSpot user who connects a Facebook ad account to HubSpot must be an admin of the Facebook ad account. The user must also be an admin of any Facebook pages that ads are posted to from this ad account.
- For other users in your HubSpot account to create a Facebook lead ad in HubSpot, they must also be a Facebook user who has admin access to the Facebook company page and the advertiser permission level or above for the ad account connected to HubSpot.
- In HubSpot, clicking Create ad campaign > Facebook lead ad opens a Facebook window. To create an ad here, you must be signed into Facebook as a user who has the advertiser permission level or above to create ads in the connected Facebook ad account. You'll be able to choose from Facebook pages that you have admin access to.
Facebook Business Manager account
- The HubSpot user who connects a Facebook ad account must be an admin of the ad account within the FBM account. This user must also be an admin of any Facebook pages that ads are posted to from the FBM account.
- There must be a FBM relationship between the connected Facebook ad accounts and any Facebook pages you're creating ads for. These assets must exist in the same FBM account or there must be a partner relationship between the FBM accounts that each asset exists in. If users need to share assets between FBM accounts in order to create the partner relationship, users must have admin access for pages and advertiser or above access for ad accounts in both FBM accounts.
- For any other HubSpot user to create a Facebook lead ad in HubSpot, they must also be a Facebook user who has admin access to the Facebook page and advertiser permission level or above for the ad account connected to HubSpot.
- In HubSpot, clicking Create ad campaign > Facebook lead ad from HubSpot opens a Facebook window. To create an ad here, you must be signed into Facebook as a user who has advertiser or above access to create ads in the connected Facebook ad account. You will be able to choose from Facebook pages that you have admin access to and which have a FBM relationship to the connected ad account.
- The user who's connecting the FBM account with HubSpot must have Leads Access. By default, all page admins and connected CRMs have Leads Access. To manage Leads Access in Facebook:
- In your FBM account, navigate to Business Settings > Leads Access.
- If you still have your default settings in place, no action is required.
- If your access settings have been customized, ensure that whomever is setting up the integration has Leads Access. Additionally, if HubSpot Ads appears in the CRM list, also ensure that HubSpot Ads has Leads Access.
For additional information on page roles and Business Manager roles, refer to Facebook's documentation:
Create and automate lead ads
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Ads.
- Click Create ad campaign in the upper right, then select Facebook lead ad.
- Enter a Campaign name, then click Next in the bottom right.
- In the pop-up window, click the dropdown menu and select the Facebook page to link to HubSpot Ads. Then, click Continue.
- Next, set up the form that will appear when visitors click your ad:
- Click the Form language dropdown menu to select a form language.
- Select which information to ask for on your form. By default, Email and Full name will be selected. Click Show more options to select additional fields.
- Enter a Website link to link visitors to your website after submitting your form.
- When you're done, click Next in the bottom right.
- In the Ad Creative section, set the format, headline, text, image, and call-to-action for your lead ad.
- In the Audience section, choose which visitors you want to target. Click the radio button next to a previously created audience, or click Create new audience to set up a new target audience.
- In the Budget and Duration section, set your budget, duration, and payment options:
- Set your daily average budget. The actual amount spent daily may vary, as determined by Facebook based on the opportunities for results each day. A minimum of $5.00 is recommended. Review the Estimated People Reached to see how many people you can expect to reach based on your selected audience and budget.
- Set a duration for your ad. Click the default duration options, or click the Run this ad until date picker to set a custom duration.
- Review the total price of your ad in the text box.
- Under Payment, select the currency to be charged. Your budget and total price will be updated to reflect changes made to the currency.
- When you're done, click Promote in the bottom right.
- In the dialog box, click I Agree to Terms and Conditions.
You can add a consent to contact field to your Facebook lead ads. Any consent fields from your Facebook lead ads will now sync over to HubSpot as a new contact property. These properties will be labeled with FB Consent before the property name. You can use these properties to create a list of contacts who have given you consent to be contacted.You can add the consent field when creating the lead ad in Facebook during the Create form step:
- Select the Add custom disclaimer checkbox, then enter a title and disclaimer text.
- Where it asks, Is consent required?, select the Yes radio button.
Once the consent field is added, this field will start syncing for all lead ad forms in your ads add-on. If you already created a lead ad before adding the consent field, and this ad was already syncing with HubSpot, any new leads that come in through this existing ad will now sync the consent field with HubSpot. However, any leads that were created before the consent field was added to your lead ads will not have that field sync.
Please note: while these features live in HubSpot, your legal team is the best resource to give you compliance advice for your specific situation.
Next, set up automation for your lead ad.
- Click the Receive a notification whenever you get a new contact dropdown menu to select users you want to notify when you get a new contact.
- Click the Create list of lead ad contacts dropdown menu to add lead ad contacts to a new active list (Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, and Enterprise accounts only)
- Click create a workflow to create a workflow that has an enrollment trigger of filling out the lead ad (Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise accounts only).
- Click Done in the bottom right to finish creating your lead ad.
Analyze your lead ads
HubSpot will automatically import new leads generated by your lead ads and update your contacts with the data from lead ads submissions. You can also see how your lead ads are doing from within your HubSpot account.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Ads.
- Under the Campaigns tab, you'll see the status of each of your ads, along with the spend amount and the number of contacts generated.
- Click the name of an ad to see more data.
- At the top of the page, you'll see an overview of your ad's performance.
- The Run length report will show you the status and set duration of your ad.
- The Placement report will give you a breakdown of the devices used to view your ad. You can see the percentages and hover over to see the device type and exact number of visitors reached on each device.
If you have HubSpot's ads add-on, you'll see a different set of reports for your ads. Learn more about using the ads dashboard to analyze your ads campaigns.