Connect your Facebook Ads account to HubSpot to create and manage your Facebook ads in your HubSpot ads tool. Before you get started, review the guidelines for connecting your account, syncing leads, and creating lead ads in HubSpot. Once your Facebook Ads account is connected, HubSpot will display and report on all existing campaigns in that account.
Facebook Ads connection requirements
- The HubSpot user who connects a Facebook Ads account must have Publish access to the ads tool in HubSpot.
- The HubSpot user who connects a Facebook Ads account must be an admin of the ads account in Business Manager.
Facebook Ads lead syncing requirements
To sync leads from your Facebook lead ads to HubSpot, make sure the user who connects your Facebook Ads account has the following permissions:
- The user must be an admin of any Facebook page(s) that are used to create lead ads.
- The connected Facebook Ads account and any Facebook page(s) you would like to enable for lead syncing must exist in the same Business Manager, or there must be a partner relationship between the Business Managers that each asset exists in. If users need to share assets between Business Managers in order to create the partner relationship, users must have admin access for pages, and advertiser or above access for ads accounts in both Business Managers.
- The user connecting the Facebook Ads account must have Leads Access for any Facebook business pages they would like to enable for lead syncing. By default, all page admins and connected CRMs have Leads Access, unless Leads Access settings have been customized in their Facebook Business Settings.
- HubSpot needs to be granted access to Facebook business pages that you want to enable for lead syncing. During the connection process, if you click Choose what you allow in the pop-up window and remove page permissions that HubSpot requests, leads from those business pages cannot be synced to HubSpot. For this reason, it is not recommended to adjust or remove any permissions in the Choose what you allow window. To re-establish these permissions, disconnect and reconnect your Facebook Ads account from HubSpot, and leave all requested page permissions enabled.
Facebook Ads ad creation requirements
Once a Facebook Ads account is connected to HubSpot, any user with Ads publishing permissions in HubSpot can create a Facebook lead ad from the HubSpot Ads tool, as long as they have the following permissions in Facebook:
- The user must have admin access to the Facebook business page they would like to associate with their lead ad or create a new business page during the lead ad creation process.
- They must have advertiser permission or above in the connected Facebook Ads account.
Connect your Facebook Ads account
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- In the Accounts tab, click Connect account.
- In the dialog box, select Facebook.
- In the pop-up window, log in to your Facebook Ads account and click OK.
- In the dialog box, select the Facebook Ads account(s) to connect to HubSpot, then click Connect. If you have a Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise account and multiple Facebook Ads accounts, a list of your accounts will appear. If you want to track contacts that interact with your ads, leave the auto tracking switch toggled on. This will apply HubSpot tracking to your Facebook ads.
- Click Connect.
- In the dialog box, select the Facebook pages to sync leads from, then click Save.
The connected Facebook Ads account(s) will appear in your Ad Accounts settings in HubSpot. Learn more about managing Facebook pages syncing leads to HubSpot.
Any Facebook pages syncing leads will appear in the Ads Lead Syncing settings in HubSpot.
- After connecting your Facebook Ads account to HubSpot, your existing lead ads in Facebook will automatically sync to HubSpot and appear on your ads dashboard. Learn more about existing lead ads syncing to HubSpot.
- Facebook stores leads from lead ads for 90 days after creation. When you connect your Facebook Ads account to HubSpot, these leads will be synced to HubSpot, along with leads generated going forward. Learn how to manage which Facebook pages sync leads to HubSpot.
- If you want to disconnect your Facebook Ads account from HubSpot, it's recommended to do so from HubSpot and not from Facebook. Disconnecting your Facebook Ads account in Facebook will remove all account connections that the logged-in Facebook user has access to, including all other Facebook Ads accounts that were not connected to HubSpot.
Once you connect your Facebook Ads account, you can disconnect it from within your ads settings.