Connect your Google Ads account to HubSpot to manage your Google ads in HubSpot's ads tool. Once your Google Ads account is connected, HubSpot will display and report on all existing campaigns in that account.
Google Ads connection requirements
- Only individual Google Ads accounts can be connected to HubSpot. Google Ads manager accounts cannot be connected to HubSpot, so any Google Ads account being managed in a manager account should be connected to HubSpot individually.
- The HubSpot user who connects a Google Ads account must have Publish access to the ads tool in HubSpot.
- The HubSpot user who connects a Google Ads account must have Admin access for that individual account. In your Google Ads account, you can check the access level for any user by clicking the Tools dropdown menu and selecting Account access.
- HubSpot is not able to track or report on Smart Campaigns (formerly Google Express Campaigns). If you've recently created your Google Ads account, it will be in Smart Mode by default. While in Smart Mode, all ads will be created as Smart Campaigns. To check if your account is in Smart Mode:
- Log in to your Google Ads account.
- If the URL begins with ads.google.com/aw/express, then your account is in Smart Mode.
- To switch to Expert Mode, click Tools in the top menu, then select Switch to Expert Mode.
Connect your Google Ads accountConnect your Google Ads account to HubSpot. If you encounter any errors during the connection process, check out our troubleshooting guide.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- In the Accounts tab, click Connect account.
- In the dialog box, select Google Ads. If you have multiple Google Ads accounts, a list of your accounts will appear. Select the account(s) you want to connect to HubSpot, then click Connect.
- In the pop-up window, log in to your Google account using the email address associated with your Google Ads account, then click Allow.
Once you've connected your Google Ads account, you'll receive an email notifying you that your Google Ads account is linked to the manager account HubSpot Customer MCC. A manager account is a Google account that allows HubSpot to monitor and track advertising performance across users' ads accounts.
Linking your Google Ads account to HubSpot's manager account also allows HubSpot to escalate issues regarding your account to Google, grants you the ability to create audiences for your Google ads in HubSpot's ads tool, and makes you eligible for beta products and other benefits that Google makes available to HubSpot customers.
Linking your Google Ads account to HubSpot's manager account is not necessary for the core contact tracking and reporting functionality in HubSpot's ads tool. Learn how to unlink HubSpot's manager account (HubSpot Customer MCC) from your Google Ads account.
The Google Ads account will appear in your Ads Accounts settings in HubSpot.
Once your Google Ads account is connected, you can disconnect it from within your ads settings.