- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Contacts & Companies.
- Click to toggle the Assign company owner to contact by default switch on. This enables the sync.
With this setting enabled:
- The Company owner property will update the Contact owner property of the contacts associated with this company.
- The Contact owner property will not overwrite the associated Company owner property unless the Company owner property is blank.
- If the Contact owner property is updated to differ from the associated Company owner property, the Contact owner property will not revert back to the value in the associated Company owner property.
This setting does not update the owner or records retroactively and it does not affect any custom HubSpot user field type properties.