Choosing the cancel winning send button will stop an A/B test email from being sent to any additional contacts.
Follow the instructions to learn how to do this:
- From your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Email > click on the name of your email currently sending.
- Choose the Cancel winning send button in an A/B test will prevent all remaining selected contacts from being sent either variation of the email.
It is possible to choose a winner early by canceling the winning send and creating a clone of the variation you want to win. Do the following:
- In Content > Email > locate the email in question and click on it.
- Click on Cancel winning send.
- Go to the All variants dropdown located near the top, ensure you leave it at All. Next, go to the Recipients tab > click on Sent > List Actions > create a new list. Proceed to name the list and create it.
- Choose Clone Variant A or Clone Variant B depending on the variation you want the remaining contacts to receive.
- In the Sending tab of the cloned email, select the original list(s) that the A/B test was sent to.
- Select the new list you created from the A/B test email (those who already were sent it) using the Exclude recipients button.