When creating your lists, you have two types of logic for multiple criteria: AND and OR.
- Using the AND logic means contacts will need to meet all criteria within that set.
- Using the OR logic means contacts will need to meet at least one criteria or the other criteria.
Using AND logic in a list
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click Create list at the upper right.
- Select your first piece of criteria. In the example below, the first criteria is Contact property > State/Region is equal to Massachusetts.
- To identify contacts that are from the state of Massachusetts AND from the city of Boston, AND logic will be used. Click AND, then add an additional criteria of Contact property > City is equal to Boston.
Using OR logic in a list
- To identify contacts that are from the state of Massachusetts OR from the city of Boston, OR logic will be used instead. Click OR, then add an additional criteria of Contact property > City is equal to Boston.
- You can use the Test a contact option to see if a specific contact meets your selected criteria before or after saving your list.
- If you have more than one OR criteria, some contacts may happen to meet multiple OR logic criteria and still be members of the list. Using the OR logic does not require contacts to only meet one criteria or the other; it simply means they must meet at least one or the other.