If you have Add and Edit users permissions in your HubSpot account, you can add other users to your account, customize their permissions, and remove users from your account.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- Click Users & Teams in the left sidebar menu.
- Click Create user.
- You can add your user(s) in a few different ways:
- Enter the email address(es) into the Add email address(es) field. If you are adding multiple users at the same time, separate email addresses with a space. Then click Next.
- Import users with a .csv file that includes a list of your users' email addresses. Click A CSV file, then drag and drop your .csv file, or click choose file to browse files on your computer. Then click Next.
- If you have the Salesforce integration enabled, you can import users from Salesforce. Click Salesforce records. By default, all of your Salesforce users will be selected for import. Uncheck the boxes next to any users you do not want to import, then click Next.
- Set up the permissions for your new user(s). Please note that if you've added multiple users at once, you'll be setting the permissions for all selected users.
- Review the full breakdown of HubSpot's permissions settings and navigate through each of the tabs to customize the access for your new user(s).
- If you've added a single user and would like to give them Super Admin access, click the Actions dropdown menu and select Make Super Admin. If you've added multiple users, you can do this after adding them by clicking the name of a user, then clicking the Actions dropdown menu.
- If you've added a single user, you can also add the user to a team now by clicking the No team assigned dropdown menu below the user's email address and selecting the team. If you haven't created any teams yet, or if you've added multiple users, learn how to create teams and add existing users to them.
- When you've finished setting up your user(s), click Next.
- Click Send to send your user(s) a welcome email and give them access to your account. If you want to customize the default welcome message, click Add a personalized welcome message before sending.
Your new user(s) will receive an email inviting them to set their password and log in. If they are already a HubSpot user on a different account, they won't need to reset their password, but they'll now also have access to your account. If your new user doesn't receive a welcome email within five minutes of being added to your account, please ask them to check their Junk/SPAM folder before reaching out to HubSpot Support. Once the new user logs in, they can set up their profile.
If you want to just remove Sales Hub Professional access for a user, learn how to downgrade users instead.
When a user is deleted, all content (blog posts, pages, lists, workflows, reports, forms, etc.) they created will remain in your account.
Any social messages published by the deleted user will remain published; however, please note that if the deleted user was the administrator for any social media accounts, you may need to reconnect those accounts. Verify any changed permissions within your social media settings (Marketing > Social > Settings).
Any sequences, templates, and documents created in your account will remain; however, please note that the deleted user must have shared their sales templates in order for other users to access them.
If you remove a user from your account, Deactivated User ([deleted user's email address]) will appear in the ownership property for any contacts, companies, deals, and tickets owned by that user. If your HubSpot account is synced with Salesforce and the removed user is still a Salesforce user, the user's name will appear as Name (Salesforce), as it does for SFDC users who never had HubSpot access.
Before removing a user, you should reassign any contacts, companies, deals, and open tickets owned by the user. Set up filters for records owned by the user then bulk edit the owner property or, if you have access to workflows, enroll contacts owned by the user and use the Set a contact property value action to change the owner value of all enrolled contacts. Learn more about setting ownership of records in HubSpot.
Please note: you'll continue to see Deactivated User ([deleted user's email address]) in your list of contact, company, or deal owners when segmenting lists, building workflow criteria, and in any other areas of the tool where the user owned any records as long as the deactivated user owns at least one record in the account.
To remove a user from your account: