If you have Add and Edit users permissions in your HubSpot account, you can create new users, customize user permissions, and remove users from your account.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Users & Teams.
- In the upper right, click Create user.
- You can add your user(s) in a few different ways:
- Enter the email address(es) into the Add email address(es) field. If you are adding multiple users at the same time, separate email addresses with a space. Then click Next.
- Import users from a CSV file. In Excel, add an Email column with the email addresses of your users, and save the file in a CSV format. Click A CSV file, then drag and drop your .csv file, or click choose file to browse files on your computer. Then click Next.
- If you have the Salesforce integration enabled, you can import users from Salesforce. Click Salesforce records. By default, all of your Salesforce users will be selected for import. Deselect the boxes next to any users you do not want to import, then click Next.
- Set up the permissions for your new user(s). If you've added multiple users, the permissions will be set for all selected users.
- Review the full breakdown of HubSpot's permissions settings and navigate through each of the tabs to customize the access for your new user(s).
- If you've added a single user and want to give them Super Admin access, click the Actions dropdown menu and select Make Super Admin. If you've added multiple users, you can do this after adding them by clicking the name of a user, then clicking the Actions dropdown menu.
- If you've added a single user and want to add the user to a team, click the No team assigned dropdown menu below the user's email address and select the team. If no teams have been created, or if multiple users are added, learn how to create teams and add existing users to them.
- When you've finished setting up your user(s), click Next.
- Click Send to send your user(s) a welcome email and give them access to your account.
The new user should receive an email welcoming them to your account and prompting them to set their HubSpot password. If the user is already a user in another HubSpot account, they will not need to set a new password, but will now have access to your account when they log in.
If your new user doesn't receive a welcome email within five minutes of being added to your account, ask them to check their Junk/SPAM folder. If the email doesn't appear there, the user should follow the steps to ensure HubSpot emails are delivered. You can then give them access by sending a reset password email. The new user can also do this directly from the login screen.
Once the new user logs in, they can set up their profile.
Please note: to remove a Sales Hub Starter, Professional, or Service Hub Professional user from your HubSpot account, you must first remove their user's access to paid sales and service tools.
Before removing a user, keep in mind that their created content and owned records may be affected:
When a user is removed from your HubSpot account, all content (blog posts, pages, lists, workflows, reports, forms, etc.) they created will still remain.
Any social messages published by the removed user will remain published. However, if the removed user was the administrator for any social media accounts, you may need to reconnect those accounts.
Any sequences, templates, and documents created in your account will remain; however, the removed user must have shared their sales templates prior to removal for other users to access them.
- If you remove a user from your account, Deactivated User ([removeduser's email address]) will appear in the ownership property for any contacts, companies, deals, and tickets owned by that user. If your HubSpot account is synced with Salesforce and the removed user is still a Salesforce user, the user's name will appear as Name (Salesforce), as it does for SFDC users who never had HubSpot access.
- After a user is removed from your account, they will no longer appear as an option in filters, such as in lists or dashboards. You can display removed users in your filters by selecting the Show inactive owners checkbox when filtering.
Before removing a user, you should reassign any contacts, companies, deals, and open tickets owned by the user. Learn more about setting ownership of records in HubSpot.
To remove a user from your account: