You can use the global search bar in the top right of your HubSpot account to search for assets, including CRM records, activities, blog posts, website pages, marketing emails, lists, dashboards, workflows, and campaigns. You can also search for and navigate to HubSpot tools, learning resources, and settings.
If you're searching the table on an object index page instead, learn more about the CRM search.
Search your HubSpot account
To search within your HubSpot account:
- In the top right, click the search search icon.
- Enter text in the search bar to search for a specific asset or tool.
- To filter your search results, below the search bar, click an object name or tool name to include them in your search (e.g., click Contacts and Tasks to include only contacts and tasks in your search). A filter will only appear if there is a matching result in that category.
- Click the name of a returned asset to navigate to the record or tool.
- For certain tools, you can complete quick actions from your search results:
- To log a new call, email, or note on a record or activity, hover over the record/activity, then click Call, Email, or Add note.
- To view or edit a website page or blog post, hover over the content, then click View or Edit.
- To access the recipients of a sent marketing email, hover over the email, then click View recipients.
- To analyze the performance of a list, hover over the list, then click View performance.
- To test or edit a workflow, hover over the workflow, then click Test or Change settings.
- If there are more than five returned results in a section, click See all to view the full list of results.
- If you're searching for a contact or company that isn't in your account, at the bottom of the search results, click Create new [contact/company] for [search term] to create a new record.
Results will only appear if you search for values in searchable properties. Learn more about what data can be used to search for certain tools.
When using the global search bar, there are specific properties that are searched to match your search terms with records or assets. Searching for values of properties other than those listed below will not yield results.
CRM records and activities
- All records can by searched by:
- Record name (including First name and Last name for contacts)
- Email subject
- Associated tasks
- Call logs
- Meeting logs
- Contacts can also be searched by:
- The default Phone number property
- Mobile phone number
- Companies can also be searched by:
- Company domain name
- Custom object records can be searched by any of the object's properties.
- Recorded calls can be searched by title, call notes, or terms included in the call transcript.
- Emails, meetings, tasks, and notes can be searched by title.
When searching for contacts, companies, deals, tickets, or custom objects, HubSpot's search will return a maximum of 10,000 results. If you have a large number of records in your account, filter your records in a view to refine your search results.
Lists can be searched by the list's name.
Marketing emails can be searched by title or subject.
Website pages, landing pages, and blog posts
Blog posts, landing pages, and website pages can be searched by title or URL.
Dashboards can be searched by the dashboard's name.
HubSpot settings can be searched by the following terms:
- Setting name
- Setting description
- Setting keywords
HubSpot tools can be searched by the tool's name (e.g., Blog, Reports, etc.).
HubSpot Knowledge Base articles and HubSpot Academy courses and lessons can be searched by title and resource keywords. In the search results, these are listed under the Knowledge Documentation, Learning Center Lessons, and Learning Center Track sections.
Workflows (Professional and Enterprise only)
Workflows can be searched by the workflow's name.
Campaigns (Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise only)
Campaigns can be searched by campaign name.