Use contact profiles with the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension
Last updated: October 12, 2021
|All products and plans|
Contact profiles appear in the right sidebar panel in your Gmail email account. You can use contact profiles to access information about your contacts from their record CRM, without having to leave the inbox.
You can also complete certain actions from the contact profiles section of the extension, such as creating tasks or deals.
Search your HubSpot contact database
Using contact profiles, you can search the contacts you have stored in HubSpot without having to leave your inbox:
- Log in to Gmail.
- In the right side panel of your Gmail inbox, click the sprocket iconsprocket.
Please note: you may need to unhide the right side panel in your Gmail inbox to access the contact profiles. If the side panel doesn't appear, in the bottom right, click Show side panel.
- To search for a particular contact by name or email address, type the name or email in the search bar.
- Click the contact's name. Their HubSpot contact record will then appear in the sidebar.
- You can also use your saved filters from HubSpot to search your contacts in the contact profiles sidebar. Click the All contacts dropdown menu, then select a saved filter.
Please note: if GDPR is turned on in your account, the contact profiles will always be turned on in your Gmail inbox.
Edit contact properties and create associated tasks or deals
Information about the contact that is stored in the CRM will appear in the right side panel, including the contact's About section, deals, tasks, and timeline. You can edit the contact's properties, create a task or deal, or make a call directly from the contact profile.
To navigate directly to the contact's record in the CRM, click Open in CRM below the contact's name. If a contact has unsubscribed from your emails, you'll see a message below their email address.
Edit contact properties
You can edit the contact's properties from the contact profile and these changes will also apply to the contact's record in the CRM.
- Click to expand the About section. The properties listed here are the ones specified as default in your HubSpot account.
- Hover over the contact property then click the edit pencil icon.
- Enter a new value for the property, then click Save.
Create tasks for a contact
You can create a task that will be associated with the contact directly from the contact profile.
- In the contact profile, click to expand the Tasks section.
- Here, you'll see any existing tasks that you have created or that are assigned to you. Click Add to create a new task for the contact.
- Enter the task name and select a due date for the task.
- Click Save.
Create deals for a contact
- In the contact profile, click to expand the Deals section.
- The first 10 associated deals will appear here. Click Add to create a new deal for the record.
- Enter or select a value for each of your required fields. You can update which fields appear when creating a new deal.
- In the Associate deal with section, click the Contact dropdown menu and select the checkboxes for any additional contacts to associate with the deal. If needed, click the Company dropdown menu to select a different company to associate the deal with.
- Click Create deal.
Make a call
You can also start a call from the contact profile. In the contact profile, click the Actions dropdown menu, then select Call. You'll be brought to the contact's record in HubSpot, and the Call window will be open so you can immediately start the call.
Add email recipients as contacts
When emailing someone who isn't in your HubSpot contact database, in the contact profile, click Add to HubSpot to add the contact to your HubSpot account. After adding them, you can edit their contact properties from the sidebar without leaving your Gmail account.
If you have the Automatically capture contact details from emails with HubSpot AI setting enabled in your account, HubSpot's AI will scan the email for the contact's information. If there's any data that is not stored in the contact record, HubSpot will populate the missing contact properties with information from the email. You can override any of the property values if needed before saving to HubSpot.
Troubleshoot issues with your contact profiles
If you're consistently seeing a login message in the right sidebar of Gmail when you attempt to view contact profiles, you may need to make changes to your browser and inbox settings.
First, adjust your cookies settings in Chrome:
- In the upper right corner of your Chrome browser, click the Settings menu (three dots or three horizontal lines), then select Settings.
- Scroll down and click Advanced.
- In the Privacy and security section, click Site Settings. Older versions of Chrome label this as Content settings.
- Click Cookies.
- Ensure that the Block third-party cookies setting is toggled off. Your changes will be saved automatically.
- If you are unable to toggle the Block third-party cookies switch off, click Add in the Allow section and add [*.]getsidekick.com, [*.].hubspot.com, and [*.]hsappstatic.net to explicitly allow them.
- Refresh Gmail.
Additionally, some Gmail Labs are incompatible with the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension because of inconsistent formatting of their beta features. Specifically, the Gmail Lab called Preview Pane is not compatible with contact profiles in Gmail. Turning this off should allow the contact profiles sidebar to appear:
- Open Gmail.
- Click the gear icon, then select Settings.
- Click the Labs tab.
- Search for Preview Pane and turn off the feature.
If you're still having trouble loading your contact profiles, turn off any other Labs features. Learn more about troubleshooting the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension.
Track and log emails with the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in
Use the Track and Log features of the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in to monitor and keep a record of...Knowledge Base
Understand HubSpot Sales email open and click tracking
When you send a tracked email from your email inbox using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension, HubSpot Sales...Knowledge Base
Turn on connected inbox automation
When you connect your inbox to HubSpot, you can allow inbox automation to turn on Artificial Intelligence...Knowledge Base