Navigate to your account settings
In your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Settings.
Create a new user
Click Users & Teams in the left sidebar menu, then click Create user at the upper right.
Enter the user's information
In the modal that slides in on the right, enter the new user's Email address, First name, and Last name. If you have the HubSpot-Salesforce integration enabled, you can also choose to import an existing Salesforce user by clicking Or import from Salesforce.
Please note: if you enter in the email address of a user that previously existed as a HubSpot user, the first and last name will be populated automatically and will appear grayed out, and you'll see a Hello, neighbor message. Click Next to proceed with adding them as a user to your account.
Set the user's permissions
Next you'll be able to choose what parts of your HubSpot account this user has access to.
By default, all users will have access to contacts. In the Contacts tab, you can set more granular permissions and restrictions:
- View: use the dropdown menu to the right to select which set of contacts the user is able to view based on ownership. Your options are Everything, Team and unassigned, Team only, Owned and Unassigned, and Owned only.
- Edit: use the dropdown menu to the right to select which set of contacts the user is able to view based on ownership. Your options are Everything, Team and unassigned, Team only, Owned and Unassigned, and Owned only.
- Bulk delete: choose whether or not you'd like the user to be able to delete multiple contacts in bulk.
- Import: choose whether or not you'd like the user to be able to import contacts into your contacts database.
- Export: choose whether or not you'd like the user to be able to export contacts from your contacts database.
- Workflows (Sales Professional only): choose whether or not you'd like to give the user access to the workflows tool.
- Edit property settings: choose whether or not you'd like the user to be able to create or edit properties within your account.
In the Sales tab, click the Sales Access switch to toggle it to give your user access to sales tools: templates, documents, calling, messages, and sequences. Depending on your sales subscription, there's limited access to these tools. Please click here for more information.
If you have Sales Starter or Professional seats available, click to toggle the Sales Pro (premium sales tools) switch or the Sales Starter (premium sales tools) switch on and assign one to this user. If you've assigned all of your Sales Starter or Professional seats to your users, click Purchase another User to upgrade this user.
The above user roles are for contacts and sales access to HubSpot, but you can also make decisions on marketing and admin access on this screen, if applicable. For a full breakdown of the user roles available in all HubSpot products, check out the User Permissions Guide here.
When you've finished setting the permissions for this user, click Next.
Add the user to a team
To assign the user to a team, click the No team assigned dropdown below the user's name and select an existing team, or click Create team to enter a name for and assign your user to a new team.
You can also create new teams at any time from the Users & Teams screen by clicking Create team in the top right corner. You can then enter a name for your team and assign existing members as needed. While Sales Free and Starter users can have one team per account, Sales Professional users can have an unlimited number of teams. For more information on creating teams in HubSpot, check out this article.
Once you've set your new user's permissions and assigned them to a team if needed, click Next.
Please note: each user can only be a member of one team at any given time.
Send the user a welcome email
After the new user has been created, they will receive an email inviting them to set their password and log in. If they are already a HubSpot user on a different account, they won't need to reset their password, but they'll now also have access to your account.
Click Add a personalized welcome message to edit the default welcome message. When you're done, click Send.
If the new user doesn't receive a welcome email within five minutes of being added to your account, ask them to check their Junk/SPAM folder before reaching out to HubSpot Support.