As a HubSpot partner, it is important to reach your clients nearing their renewal dates. You can decide to let HubSpot send renewal notices directly to your clients or own the renewal process yourself.
There are two ways you can update the owner of the renewal process for your clients:
Set default renewal owner for all clients
Set the default renewal communications owner for all clients.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Partners.
In the Communications section, under Client renewal communication owner, click the Select renewal communication owner dropdown menu and select your default renewal owner for all clients:
- HubSpot: HubSpot will be the default renewal communication owner for all clients. All notices and reminders relating to client accounts will be sent to the client's Primary Contact, Billing Contact, and Decision Maker.
- Partner: You will be the default renewal communication owner for all clients. All notices/reminders relating to client accounts will only be sent to your point of contact.
- Click the Select partner user to be notified dropdown menu and select your point of contact. This will be the user who will either be copied in HubSpot communications to your clients, or receive the notifications on client accounts.
Set renewal owner for a specific client
These steps override the default setting above and works on a per client basis.
In your HubSpot account, navigate to Partner > Dashboard.
Hover over the client you want to update and click the Actions dropdown menu, then select Client details.
In the right panel, click the Renewals tab.
- Click Edit renewal owner.
Please note: the Primary Contact, Billing Contact and decision maker is based on the users selected in your client's portal. To see these points of contact, click the account name in the top right corner of your client's portal, then click Account & Billing. In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Company & Contacts and in the Contact Information section, you'll see all contacts listed.
- Partner: all notices and reminders of any upcoming renewals will be sent directly to the partner point of contact for their action. Click the Select partner point of contact for renewals dropdown menu to select the user who will be the point of contact for the client.