To recreate your existing website content in HubSpot's CMS, you can request a website migration performed by HubSpot's Replatforming Team.
A migration may be a good option for customers satisfied with their current website design or looking to use a HubSpot Asset Marketplace theme.
If you’re looking to significantly redesign your website or want customized templates and modules, you may want to consider partnering with your developer or a HubSpot Solutions Partner
Migration requirements and limitations
Please take note of the following requirements and service limitations before requesting a migration:
- Migrations do not include email templates.
- Most migrations are completed within 2-3 weeks; however, larger projects may take longer. Your migration agreement will provide an estimate.
- Your current website must remain live throughout the migration.
- Any changes made to your website after the migration has been approved will not be reflected in the migrated content.
- You will need access to your domain hosting (DNS) provider to be able to launch the site following migration.
- The following website features are not expected to migrate, but you’ll receive more detailed information when purchasing a migration:
- Database-driven content, such as real estate listings, knowledge bases, extensive product catalogs, and postal code/location-based search.
- Gated content, such as logins, member access, password protection, and pages that are only accessible by form submission.
- E-commerce, such as shopping carts, storefronts, and payment processing.
- Advanced forms, such as progressive or multi-step forms, calculators collecting submissions, and forms requesting Personally Identifiable Information.
- User-generated content, such as forums, ratings, comments, and profiles.
- Third-party applications, such as live chat, accessibility widgets, commenting engines, and job boards.
- Custom responsive design, stylesheets, and mobile websites.
Request a migration
- To start the migration process, reach out to your account representative, who will then reach out to HubSpot's Replatforming Team internally. If you are unsure how to reach your account representative, contact HubSpot Support to get connected with the right person.
- HubSpot's Replatforming Team will evaluate your website to see if a migration will meet your needs. If your project is a fit for the process, your account representative will provide you with a link to your migration agreement. This agreement will outline the terms of the migration, including:
- How many pages will be migrated
- An estimate of how long the migration will take
- How specific assets like forms may change during the migration process
- If you agree to the terms, your account representative will send you a link to complete the payment process. Learn more about migration pricing.
- Following purchase, a replatforming specialist will send an introductory email and and work with you to retrieve required assets for your migration plan.
- When the assets are confirmed, your replatforming specialist will enter your migration into the team's queue.
- While the team is working on your migration, you can check on the status of the project in your HubSpot account:
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Account & Billing.
- Click the Migrations tab.
- Review the migration's status on the timeline:
- Migration confirmed: the migration has been purchased and the replatforming specialist is collecting information necessary to begin the migration.
- Migration in-progress: the Hubspot Replatforming Team is in the process of migrating your website.
- Migration completed: your website content has been successfully migrated into HubSpot. You have 60 days from the date listed here to report design issues.
- When the migration is completed, you will receive an email notification from your replatforming specialist with steps to review.
Review a migration
When you receive an email notification that your migration is finished, you can review your content in your HubSpot account.
To review a migrated website:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Website > Website Pages.
- Hover over the page named Home, then click the More dropdown menu and select View.
To review migrated blog posts:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Website > Blog.
To review migrated templates:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Files and Templates > Design Tools.
- In the finder, navigate to [CompanyName_Date] > Templates. For example, templates completed in March 2019 for HubSpot would be in the HubSpot_Mar2019 folder.
- Click a template name to open the template in the Design Manager.
- In the top right, click the Preview dropdown menu and select Live preview with display options.
Please note: you have 60 days from the migration's completion date to report missing or broken content. For issues with how your content was migrated, reach out directly to your replatforming specialist. They will typically respond within 2 business days. To learn more about using HubSpot's editing tools, contact HubSpot Support instead.
Understand your next steps
After your migration is complete, you'll need to review any other migrated content and customize your settings in HubSpot: