If your new contacts are not pushing to MailChimp, you can find out what the most recent error was by navigating to your lead flow or collected forms email sync settings.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Email service provider.
- FNAME must be provided - Please enter a value
- LNAME must be provided - Please enter a value
- MMERGE2 must be provided - Please enter a value
- MMERGE(x) must be provided - Please enter a value
These errors occur because the MailChimp list has required merge tags for which HubSpot does not send a value. HubSpot will always push email addresses to MailChimp since the email address for a contact is always known. If your forms include a first and last name field, HubSpot should capture this information and send it to MailChimp as well.
To resolve these errors:
- Log in to MailChimp and locate the list to which your collected form or lead flow is connected.
- Navigate to Settings > List fields and *|MERGE|* tags. Here, you'll see a Put this tag in your content column that will correspond with the error reported in HubSpot.
- Uncheck the corresponding Required? box so that HubSpot can successfully push to this list.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom left.