If your new contacts are not pushing to MailChimp, you can find out what the most recent error was by navigating to your lead flow or collected forms email sync settings, where you will see the most recent error listed.
- In your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Settings.
- Navigate to Marketing > Email service provider in the left sidebar menu.
Here you'll find the most recent error, as reported by MailChimp, and a button to dismiss the error once it has been resolved. Some common errors include:
- FNAME must be provided - Please enter a value
- LNAME must be provided - Please enter a value
- MMERGE2 must be provided - Please enter a value
- MMERGE(x) must be provided - Please enter a value
These errors occur because the MailChimp list has required merge tags for which HubSpot does not send a value. HubSpot will always push email addresses to MailChimp since the email address for a contact is always known. If your forms include a first and last name field, HubSpot should capture this information and send it to MailChimp as well.
To resolve these errors:
- Log into MailChimp and locate the list to which your collected form or lead flow is connected.
- Navigate to Settings > List fields and *|MERGE|* tags. Here, you'll see a Put this tag in your content column that will correspond with the error reported in HubSpot.
- Uncheck the corresponding Required? box so that HubSpot can successfully push to this list.
- Click Save Changes.