Non-HubSpot forms are HTML forms on your external site that weren't created in HubSpot. With the HubSpot tracking code installed on your external page, submissions to non-HubSpot forms will be collected in HubSpot.
In order for form submissions to be collected in HubSpot, your form must:
- be a static HTML form.
- be wrapped in HTML <form> tags.
- not be in an <iframe>.
- have an email input field.
HubSpot also supports some form builders and plugins. If your form isn't capturing submissions, it's likely due to one of the following reasons:
- Form is not enclosed in
- Form is contained inside
- Form was introduced after the page completed loading. The tool scans the page as soon as it loads and listens to submissions on forms that were present at that point.
- Form contains a sensitive field, such as credit card number.
- Form contains hidden fields. The tool does not collect information from any hidden fields.
- The email field is not an email type input, as in: <input type="email">.
- The form isn't using a standard <input type="submit"> button for its form submission. A generic HTML <button> will prevent HubSpot from capturing submissions.
Enable or disable non-HubSpot formsTo enable or disable the collection of information from non-HubSpot forms on your pages:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Forms.
- Click the Non-HubSpot Forms tab.
- Click to toggle the Collect data from website forms switch on/off to enable/disable non-HubSpot forms.
Once enabled, the tool will automatically start collecting submissions on your website as soon as submissions occur. The tool is able to identify your website's external forms based on the
<form> tag in the HTML code. As soon as a visitor submits a form, HubSpot stores the submission information in a cookie li_formsub on the visitor's browser. The form submission data stored in this cookie is then pushed back into HubSpot to either create a new contact or update
HubSpot will try to map form fields to existing contact properties in HubSpot using logic in the following order:
- field name with contact property internal name
- field label with contact property label
- field label with contact property internal name
- field name with contact property label
If a corresponding contact property can't be detected for a form field, the data submitted won't be stored on the contact record. The details submitted for that form field will still be available in the form submission data.
When disabled, submissions will no longer be collected on your non-HubSpot forms; however, all your pop-up forms and HubSpot forms will continue to generate submissions as they are separate tools.
Manage your non-HubSpot forms
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
Hover over a non-HubSpot form and click the Actions dropdown menu to:
Rename: rename the form.
View Information: view the URL of the most recent page where a submission was collected for this form and the date of the first submission. Click Advanced information to show the selector for this form.
View Submissions: view an overview of the form submissions.
Edit MailChimp lists: edit the MailChimp lists that you want to send submissions to.
Edit email notifications: edit the form submission notification addresses.
Move: move the form into a folder.
Convert to HubSpot Form: convert the form into a HubSpot form.
Delete Form: remove the form from the forms dashboard. As non-HubSpot forms are not hosted on HubSpot, this will not delete the actual, live form on your external site.