Automate your quote approval process to quickly send requested changes to your sales reps, or request approval from a sales manager before sending a quote to a contact.
When setting up your quote, you can require an electronic signature to validate your quote. Both your contact(s) and any users selected as countersigners will need to sign the quote.
Approve Quotes (BETA)
Sales managers may want to review the terms of a quote or approve the discount rate before it's sent to a prospect. Enable the quotes approval setting to require a user's approval before sharing the quote with your prospects. This feature is currently in beta.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
Please note: only Sales Hub Enterprise users can approve quotes, and there can only be one approver per HubSpot account.
When you enable this setting, three active workflows will be automatically added to your account. The workflows are named: When quotes require approval, When changes are requested on a quote, and When quotes are approved. All tasks and property value updates related to a quote's approval will happen automatically via these workflows. You can further customize each of these quotes-based workflows and add actions so a deal stage is automatically updated when a quote is signed, or send an internal notification to your team when they need to follow up with their contacts.
Once your quotes-based workflows are customized to your liking, you can request changes or approve quotes directly from the quote. To request changes or approve a quote:
- In the Quotes section on the right side of a deal record, click Copy approval link.
- In a separate browser tab, paste the approval link URL into the search bar.
- At the top right of the quote, click Request changes.
- In the dialog box, enter comments in the text field then click Request changes.
- A task will be created for the quote creator to review and action.
- When the edits are made and the quote is ready to be published, navigate back to the quote approval link. In the top right, click Approve and publish.
- The quote creator will be notified that the quote was approved so they can start sharing the quote with their contact(s).
An electronic signature, or an e-signature, is a person's electronic expression of agreement to the terms of a particular document. E-signatures are valid and legal in the United States, Canada, the European Union, the UK, and many other countries. They have the same legal weight as written signatures.
HubSpot’s e-sign feature is powered by HelloSign. Users do not need to create an account with HelloSign in order to use e-sign as part of the regular quote creation process within HubSpot.
To e-sign a quote, open the quote link in your browser or access the quote directly from the deal record:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Deals.
- At the bottom of the quote, click the signature field next to your name. Or, click Get started in the top-right corner, then click the signature field.
- In the dialog box, create your signature, then click Insert.
- Click Continue.
- Review the terms of agreement, then click I agree.
- Click Close.
To check to see if your prospect has signed the quote, navigate to the Quotes section on the deal record. Click the Actions dropdown menu and select Download to download and print a copy of the signed quote. If you are waiting on signatures, click the Actions dropdown menu and select View signatures to see who still needs to sign.
Please note: each user can use 30 e-signatures per month in their HubSpot account. Each individual signature will count toward this limit. This includes quotes with multiple signatures.