- View your migrated website content
- View your migrated blog content
- Steps to complete after your migration
In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Website > Website Pages.
Hover over your website page called Home in your dashboard, click More then select View. This will open your migrated website in staging, and you can easily compare it to your live website in another browser window.
When you're logged into your HubSpot account, you'll see a small button with the HubSpot icon sprocket in the top right corner of your live HubSpot-hosted pages. You can click this button and select Edit Page to easily access the page editor.
After you migrate your blog to HubSpot, you can review your blog template and your migrated blog content.
To review your blog template:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Files and Templates > Design Tools.
- Click Preview to open a live preview.
- If you don’t see the expected styles on your template preview, make sure the file has your company name in the template title, followed by a space and a date with a hyphen and the word style. For example, HubSpot’s preview template would be named HubSpot sep2018-style.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Website > Blog.
- Hover over a blog post, click the More dropdown menu, and select View.
- To view your blog listing page, click View blog at the top of your dashboard.
Please note: the templates HubSpot's migration team created for you will be added to your default HubSpot blog.
After your blog or website migration is complete, you'll need to review any other migrated content and customize your settings in HubSpot:
- Forms - Review your migrated forms and manage your form options in HubSpot.
- Tracking code - Add external tracking code (e.g. Google Analytics) in your settings.
- Analytics tracking - Make sure to exclude your own traffic from our analytics reports so you get the most accurate data of your visits, leads, and customers.
- Blog - Configure your blog settings before you start publishing any new content.
- Social media - Connect your social media accounts so you can publish content through HubSpot.
- Learn more about HubSpot's CMS - Take a tour of your new design tools in HubSpot.
- Take your site live - When your website migration is fully complete, work with your developer to connect your domain and publish your website content.
Please note: a HubSpot migration is not a redesign project. Migration technicians reproduce your original website content as closely as possible in the CMS, in accordance with the website review completed and signed before the migration. You can check out our Design Forum for advice about editing your site after the migration, or work with one of our Service Marketplace Providers for a site redesign.