When signing up for HubSpot Sales, you will be asked to install the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension for Gmail, HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in, or the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in.
Check out the matrix below to decide what extension is right for you. Once you decide, click the extension name to jump to the installation instructions:
|Outlook desktop add-in|
|Email host||Gmail or G Suite||Office 365||Any|
|Preferred email client||
|Outlook 2016 or 2013 Outlook on the web Outlook.com
Outlook for Mac
|Operating system||Mac, PC||Mac, PC||PC only|
|Requires connected inbox||No*||Yes||No*|
*Some sales tools cannot be used unless you have a connected inbox. Learn more here.
The HubSpot Sales Chrome extension can be installed directly from the Chrome Web Store here.
In the dialog box that appears, click + Add to Chrome. If this is the first time you are downloading the extension, you will be prompted to log in.
There are two ways to install the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in:
- Install the add-in from Microsoft AppSource.
- Centrally depoy the add-in to all your Office 365 users.
Install the add-in from Microsoft AppSource
The HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in can be installed directly from Microsoft AppSource here:
Please note: the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in requires an Office 365 account (Office 365 Business Premium or Office 365 Business Essentials). If you do not have an Office 365 account but use Outlook for Desktop on Windows, install the HubSpot Sales Outlook plugin instead.
- Click Get It Now in the left sidebar.
- Click Continue in the dialog box that appears.
- You will be taken to your Office 365 account. Click Add.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be redirected to a page which indicates the add-in has been successfully installed.
Office 365 admins can centrally deploy the add-in to all users. When the add-in is centrally deployed, every Office 365 user at the domain will automatically get the add-in, with no additional effort by each user:
- Logged in as an Office 365 administrator, navigate to your Office admin account here.
- Click Upload Add-In at the top of your screen and then click Next.
- Select I want to add an Add-In from the Office Store. Then search for HubSpot Sales to add it for all users.
There are two components of HubSpot Sales for Outlook on desktop: the add-in and the Windows tray app.
Install the extension
First, download the HubSpot Sales for Outlook installer here.
Please note: the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in does not support Outlook for Mac. If you use Outlook for Mac for Office 365, install the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in instead.
- Run the HubSpot Sales for Outlook installer (setup.exe). If you come across any errors when installing the extension, refer to this installation troubleshooting guide for more information.
- Restart Outlook.
- After the extension is installed, you will be asked to log in with your HubSpot Sales account.
- HubSpot Sales should appear in the ribbon.
Install the Windows tray app
The HubSpot Sales Outlook plugin has an additional component called HubSpot Sales for Windows that allows you to receive instant notifications without the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension. With HubSpot Sales for Windows, you don't need to run Google Chrome.
Once you've installed the HubSpot Sales Outlook plugin, you will then be prompted to download HubSpot Sales for Windows:
Click Download now to install HubSpot Sales for Windows. Alternatively, you can download the component directly here. When HubSpot Sales for Windows is installed, you'll be able to view your stream by clicking on the HubSpot Sales icon in your Windows tray.