When signing up for HubSpot Sales, you'll be asked to install the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension for Gmail, HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in, or the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in.
Review the matrix below to decide what extension or add-in is right for you. Once you decide, click the extension or add-in name to jump to the installation instructions:
|Email host||Gmail or G Suite||Office 365||Any|
|Preferred email client||
Gmail/G Suite in Chrome
|Outlook on the web Outlook.com
Outlook for Mac
|Operating system||Mac, PC||Mac, PC||PC only|
|Requires connected inbox||No*||Yes||No*|
* Some sales tools cannot be used unless you have a connected inbox.
The HubSpot Sales Chrome extension can be installed directly from the Chrome Web Store.
In the dialog box that appears, click + Add to Chrome. If this is the first time you're downloading the extension, you'll be prompted to log in.
There are two ways to install the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in:
- Install the add-in from Microsoft AppSource
- Centrally deploy the add-in to all your Office 365 users
Install the add-in from Microsoft AppSource
The HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in can be installed directly from Microsoft AppSource:
Please note: the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in requires an Office 365 account (Office 365 Business Premium, Office 365 Business Essentials, or Office 365 Personal). If you don't have an Office 365 account but use Outlook for Desktop on Windows, install the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in instead.
- Click Get It Now in the left sidebar.
- Click Continue in the dialog box that appears.
- You'll be taken to your Office 365 account. Click Add.
- Once the installation is complete, you'll be redirected to a page indicating the add-in has been successfully installed.
Centrally deploy the add-in to all your Office 365 users
Office 365 admins can centrally deploy the add-in to all users. When the add-in is centrally deployed, every Office 365 user at the domain will automatically get the add-in, with no additional effort by each user:
- Log in as an Office 365 administrator and navigate to your Office admin account.
- Click Upload Add-In at the top of your screen, then click Next.
- Select I want to add an Add-In from the Office Store. Search for HubSpot Sales to add it for all users.
There are two components of HubSpot Sales for Outlook on desktop: the add-in and the Windows tray app.
Install the add-in
First, download the HubSpot Sales for Outlook installer.
Please note: the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in does not support Outlook for Mac. If you use Outlook for Mac, an Outlook on the web account, or an Outlook.com account, install the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in instead. Additionally, HubSpot Sales is not supported in terminal server environments.
- Run the HubSpot Sales for Outlook installer (setup.exe). If you come across any errors when installing the extension, refer to the installation troubleshooting guide for more information.
- Restart Outlook.
- After the add-in is installed, you'll be asked to log in with your HubSpot Sales account credentials.
- HubSpot Sales should appear in the inbox ribbon.
Install the Windows tray app, HubSpot Sales for Windows
The HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in has an additional component called HubSpot Sales for Windows that allows you to receive instant notifications without the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension. With this tray app, you don't need to run Google Chrome.
Once you've installed the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in, you'll be prompted to download HubSpot Sales for Windows. Click Download now in the dialog box to install HubSpot Sales for Windows. Alternatively, you can download the HubSpot Sales for Windows installer here. When HubSpot Sales for Windows is installed, you'll be able to view your activity feed by clicking the HubSpot sprocket icon in your Windows tray.