Customize your HubSpot Sales Chrome extension settings
Last updated: January 15, 2021
In your HubSpot Sales Chrome extension settings, you can configure your default options for the extension. You can connect the add-in to another HubSpot account, configure your default log and track settings, and access your email integration settings.
To access the extension, in your Gmail inbox, click the sprocket icon sprocket ain the top right. You'll see a list of settings that you can customize.
Log and track settings
You can customize your default log and track preferences so the settings are applied each time you send an email from Gmail. You can also add email addresses and domains to the Never log list to prevent emails sent to these addresses or domains from logging to HubSpot.
Customize your log and track preferences
Configure your preferences so you don't have to select the log and track checkboxes each time you send an email.
- To log every email to HubSpot that you send while using the extension in Gmail, click to toggle the Log email switch on.
- To track every email that you send, click to toggle the Track email switch on.
Automatically log emails to associated record types
You can also customize which associated records the emails will automatically log to. For example, you can choose to only log emails to the record's associated deal records or only to existing contacts in your CRM.
- Click the Default associations dropdown menu and select the associated records to log to:
- New contacts: automatically log emails to new contacts included on the email. If the email is sent to an email address that is not associated to an existing contact in your CRM, a new contact record will be created and the email will log to this record. If you only want emails to log to existing contact records, clear the New contacts checkbox.
- Companies: automatically log emails to associated company records.
- Deals: automatically log emails to associated deal records.
- Tickets: automatically log emails to associated ticket records.
Learn how to edit email associations before sending the email.
Never log settings
Emails sent to an email address or domain included in your Never log list will never save to your CRM. Email tracking activity will also not appear on the contact's timeline.
- In the Never log field, enter email addresses or domains you don't want to log emails for and click Add.
- If you're a user with Account access permissions, you can add email addresses and domains that are blocked for every user in your account. Enter the email addresses or domains and click the Add dropdown menu, then select Block for all users.
- To remove an email address or domain from this list, click Manage next to the email address or domain, then click Remove.
You'll see your account information listed here. If you're using multiple HubSpot accounts, you can switch the account the extension is linked to.
- Click Switch HubSpot account.
- You'll see the HubSpot account you're currently connected to marked as In use. You'll also see a list of your other HubSpot accounts. To select a different HubSpot account to sync with your tracked and logged emails, click Select next to that account.
- In the dialog box, click Switch account, then click Close and refresh inbox.
In addition to customizing your extension's settings, you can access the HubSpot Knowledge Base, take a tour of the extension and its features, or review HubSpot's Customer Terms of Service from the extension settings. You can also uninstall the extension or submit feedback on the extension directly from the extension settings.
Connect your personal email
Connect a personal email to HubSpot to send one-to-one emails from the CRM, log email replies to the CRM,...Knowledge Base
Install HubSpot Sales for Gmail, Office 365, and Outlook desktop
With the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension for Gmail, HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in, or the HubSpot Sales...Knowledge Base
Log email in your CRM with the BCC or forwarding address
With the HubSpot Sales email extension or add-in, you can automatically log emails sent from outside of...Knowledge Base