In the Type tab, you can select what type of lead flow you'd like to create:
- Pop-up box: this is the most attention-grabbing option. It's ideal for promoting social channels, growing your email list, and providing the most valuable content you have.
Dropdown banner: select this option to promote a timely offer (e.g., a sale or a webinar) or to grow your blog subscribers.
Slide-in box left or Slide-in box right: these options are great for promoting your content or growing your blog subscribers.
Once you've selected the lead flow type, you can click the pencil icon beside the title at the top of the screen to customize the name of your lead flow. Then, click Next.
In the Callout tab, you can add a callout (or call-to-action) to grab your visitor's attention with a brief description of what you're offering. Here, you can customize the following:
- Featured image: this is an optional field that allows you to select a featured image to display on both the callout and form step.
- Callout text: this will serve as the main header when the lead flow appears on your webpage.
- Callout button text: this is the text that will appear on the signup button on your lead flow.
- Theme color: set the theme color, which will be included throughout the lead flow. You can click on one of the default color bubbles provided. You can select a custom color by clicking on the color bubble next to the hex value and selecting a color from the gradient or typing in a custom hex value.
Any customizaton you set in the left sidebar will appear in the preview on the right. For every step, you'll see an interactive preview so you have an idea of what your lead flow will look like once it's live.
Click Next when you've finished customizing the callout text and color.
FormIn the Form tab, you can customize what your visitors see when they click on your lead flow button. This includes:
- Form body: add body text to elaborate on the value you're providing with your lead flow. The body text will also be included in the callout step of your lead flow.
- Included fields: add additional fields to the form by clicking + Add another form field. Lead flows support the following field types: Single-line text, Multi-line text, Dropdown fields, Single checkbox fields, Number fields, and Date picker fields. To customize the way this form field appears to visitors, click the pencil icon to edit the field label or add placeholder text. For the Email field, you can specify email addresses and domains to block.
- Form button text: update the text that appears on your form button if you would like to make any changes. The text you added for the form button in the callout tab will carry over into this field automatically.
- Language: set the form language. You can change the language of the non-editable parts of the pop-up form, including the form field labels. It's currently possible to translate these parts of the form to French, Spanish, Japanese, German, and Brazilian Portuguese.
Once you're done customizing your form, click Next.
In the Thank you tab, you can create a thank you message that your visitor will see after submitting your form. Here, you can link your visitor to additional resources or downloads and include some lightly formatted text. When you're done, click Next.
In the Follow up tab, you can create a follow-up email that your visitor will receive after submitting your form. To do so, click Create follow-up email. Here, you can customize the following information in the follow-up email:
- Sender: Specify the sender of the email in the Sender dropdown menu, which pulls a list of users in your account.
- Subject: Add a subject to the email.
- Email body: Add email body text to continue engaging with your contact.
- Email footer: Edit the email footer details. This is automatically populated with the information in your email footer information settings, and changing the details here will change the footer in all your marketing emails in your account.
When you've finished setting up your follow-up email, click Next.
In the Options tab, you can customize the following:
- Lead flow location: Select Pages that exactly match these URLs to add the URLs of specific pages where you'd like your lead flow to appear. The exact match URL option supports a wildcard option. For example, add http://www.website.com/blog/* (note the asterisk at the end) if you'd like the flow to appear on all pages on your blog. You can also choose for the lead flow to appear on All Pages. Please note that you must have the HubSpot tracking code installed on your pages for lead flows to appear.
- Flow triggers: Select the user action that will trigger the lead flow to appear:
- Page scroll will trigger the flow when your visitor scrolls 50% down your page.
- Elapsed time simply triggers the flow after X seconds have past (a minimum of seven seconds is required).
- Exit intent triggers the lead flow when the visitor's mouse exits the browser window. Please note that the Exit intent option is only available with a Pop-up box lead flow type.
- Small screen sizes: You can disable lead flows for mobile by selecting the checkbox beside Disable lead flow on small screen sizes. Lead flows are fully mobile optimized but, in light of some Google changes in January 2017, HubSpot recommends disabling lead flows for mobile.
- Email notifications: Customize which users receive lead flow submission notifications from your lead flows by entering their email addresses in this field.
- Push new contacts to your email provider (optional): You can click Manage in settings to set up an email provider to push contacts to. To manage your email service provider settings outside of this creation flow, navigate to Settings under your account dropdown menu in the upper right-hand corner of your HubSpot account. In the left sidebar menu, select Marketing > Email service provider.
Click Next to move on to the final step.
In the Preview tab, the lead flows editor provides an interactive preview where you can test each stage of your lead flow and see it in action. To see how your lead flow will appear on different devices, click the Desktop, Tablet, or Mobile buttons to view an interactive preview.
When you're done previewing your lead flow, click the Publish button at the upper right to take your lead flow live. To save your changes but leave them unpublished, click the Save button instead.