With a starter template, you can quickly and easily build a landing page to present a content offer to your website visitors. This article covers how to create a new landing page, customize your page design, and publish your page.
Please note: starter templates don't support smart content, custom modules, or access to source code in rich text modules. These templates also don't support advanced options, like template swapping and access to header HTML. In free HubSpot CRM accounts, personalization is not supported in landing pages.
To learn how to create and publish a landing page in a video tutorial, check out HubSpot's free Academy lessons:
Before you get started
- Make sure your domain is connected for page publishing. If you're using the free landing page builder, you'll get a free HubSpot branded domain that's ready for publishing.
- Decide what you're providing to visitors who submit the form on your landing page. You could offer a guide, a newsletter subscription, or even a webinar. Learn more about content offers and see some examples.
- Create a form to collect information from your contacts. If needed, create a custom property to collect new information.
- Set up a follow-up email for your form to deliver your content offer to contacts who submit your form.
Create a landing page with a starter template
To create a new landing page with a starter template:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Website > Landing Pages.
- In the upper right, click Create > Landing page.
- In the left sidebar menu, click All of your templates.
- At the top, click the Filter by source dropdown menu and select Starter.
- Hover over a template, and click Preview in the upper right.
- To create a page with this template, click Use template in the upper right.
Edit your page content
Starter templates contain modules, which are blocks of website content. These modules may be arranged in horizontal rows or vertical columns.
Rows and columns may be grouped into sections of elements. By grouping elements together, you can apply background styles to an entire area of your page. You can also drag and drop these elements to rearrange your landing page layout.
Learn more about how to edit page content in a drag and drop area.
Customize fonts, colors, and buttons
To customize the default styles for your starter template, click the Design tab in the left panel. You can also customize the background color or image for a specific row, column, or section of your page.
TypographyIn the Typography section, edit the fonts and font styles applied to your page body and headings. All Google fonts are supported.
- Body text: customize the font, font size, and font colors for the main body of your page:
- Click the Body text dropdown menu to select the a font.
- Click the arrow keys to select the font size.
- Click the color bubble to set a color for your font. To set a custom color, click the Advanced tab and enter a hex value.
- Headings: customize the font and color for any text in your modules with a heading tag.
- Click the Headings dropdown menu to select a font.
- Click the color bubble to select a font color.
- Link text: customize the fonts and colors applied to links on your page.
- Click the Link text dropdown menu to select a font.
- Click the color bubble to select a link color.
- Click the styling buttons or dropdown menu to select the styles applied to your link text, including whether you want your links to be underlined on the page.
- To customize the way links appear when your visitors interact with your page, you can customize the link color and transparency.
- Link hover color: customize the color and transparency of link text when a visitor hovers over the links on your page.
- Active link color: customize the color and transparency of link text by default, before the link is clicked.
- Visited link color: customize the color and transparency of link text after it's been clicked by a visitor.
ButtonsIn the Buttons section, customize the way simple buttons and form submit buttons are styled on the page.
- Button background color: customize the color applied to the background of your buttons.
- Enter a hex value or click the color bubble to select a color.
- Enter a percentage value or click the arrow keys to set the transparency of your button background color.
- Button text color: the color applied to the text of buttons on your page.
- Enter a hex value or click the color bubble to select the color for the text.
- Enter a percentage value or click the arrow keys to set the transparency of your button text color.
- Button corner radius: customize the the shape of your form buttons by entering a value or dragging the slider. A higher value means the buttons on your page will have rounder edges. A value of zero means your buttons will be rectangular.
Please note: it's a best practice to keep consistent colors, fonts, and styles based on the settings in the Design tab. If for some reason you want to override the default styles for one specific element on your page, you can override default styles for a module in the Options tab on the left panel.
Optimize your page for search engines
In the top navigation, click the Optimize tab to open to the SEO optimizer tool. Here you can review recommendations to improve your content's performance in search engines.
Edit your page settings
Click the Settings tab to customize your page details.
- Internal page name: the internal page name is the name you added when you first created the page and is referred to in the dashboard. It is not shown to visitors.
- Page title: the title that displays in the tab at the top of your web browser when the page loads.
- Page URL: the URL for your page appears in the URL bar within the browser when visitors navigate to this page. You can customize the Content slug for your page URL.
- Meta description: the content that will appear in search results below the page title.
- Featured image: click to toggle this switch on for a specific image to be featured when your page is shared on social media. Click Upload to select an image from your computer.
Preview and publish your page
Before your page goes live, click Preview in the upper right to test how your page will appear on a mobile device. You can test how personalization or smart content will appear to your visitors in the page preview.
Once you're satisfied with your page's preview, click Publish in the upper right.