You can set up fields for your sales reps to fill out when a deal is moved to a new deal stage. You can also set any of these fields to Required, meaning that a value must be set for that property in order to move the deal to that stage.
Please note: You must have permission to edit property settings to update your deal stage properties.
- In your HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Settings.
- Click on the Sales link located on the left-hand side menu then click Deals.
- Scroll down to the Deal Pipelines and Stages section.
- Click the Edit button to the right of the pipeline for which you'd like to customize the required fields.
- Next, locate and hover over the stage you'd like to update > click Edit properties.
- Use the field on the left to search for the property or properties you'd like to add > Check the box to the left to select that property.
- To require a value for property, check the box in the Required column for that property on the right. In the below example, the property Budget is required.
- You can then click Preview popup to preview what your CRM users will see when they move a deal to this stage.
- Click Save.