Deal stages allow you to categorize and track the progress of the deals that you are working on within HubSpot CRM. Each deal stage has a probability associated that indicates the likelihood of closing deals marked with that deal stage.
By default, the CRM includes a sales pipeline with seven deal stages:
- Appointment Scheduled (20%)
- Qualified to Buy (40%)
- Presentation Scheduled (60%)
- Decision Maker Bought-In (80%)
- Contract Sent (90%)
- Closed Won (100% Won)
- Closed Lost (0% Lost)
To customize your deal stages:
- Navigate to Settings in the top navigation of the CRM.
- Click on the Deals link located on the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down to the Deals and Pipelines section.
- Click the Edit button to the right of the pipeline for which you'd like to customize the stages.
- Here you can make edits to your pipeline's stages:
- Click to the left of a stage and drag to change the order of stages in your pipeline.
- Change the name of any stage by editing the Stage name field.
- Click on the Win probability dropdown to change the percent change of closing a deal at that stage.
- Click the trash icon to the right of the stage to delete it.
- Create a new deal stage by clicking Add a deal stage and set the Stage name and Win probability. Any newly created deal stages will appear in the Deals view for all users in your CRM.
If you are deleting a deal stage that contains at least 1 deal, you will be prompted to move these existing deals to another stage.