The Google Calendar two-way integration with HubSpot allows you to simultaneously log a meeting in your CRM, create a Google Calendar event for that meeting, and send the guests of that meeting an invite. Additionally, if you create an event in Google Calendar and include a guest that is a contact in HubSpot, the event will appear on their timeline.
Please note: if you're looking for information about using your calendar with the meetings tool, refer to this article instead: Use meetings.
- Connect your Google Calendar to HubSpot
- Schedule a meeting in HubSpot
- Schedule a meeting in Google Calendar
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Integrations.
- In the upper right, click Connect an app.
- Use the search bar to search for the Google Calendar integration. Hover over the integration and click View integration.
- In the dialog box, click Connect to Google Calendar.
- You'll be redirected to Google to sign in or choose a Google account if you have multiple accounts.
- Click Allow.
Please note: it is only possible to integrate HubSpot with your default Google calendar.
You'll be redirected back to HubSpot with a dialog box indicating that Google Calendar for HubSpot was installed.
Schedule a meeting in HubSpot
After you’ve connected your Google Calendar, click the Schedule tab on any contact, company, or deal record in HubSpot to schedule a meeting. When your meeting is created, a corresponding event will be created in your Google Calendar and the contact will receive an invitation. Learn more about scheduling a meeting on a contact, company, or deal record.
After clicking Schedule, the event will appear on your calendar. Invite emails will also be sent to your guests through Google Calendar.
Please note: deleting a meeting in HubSpot will not remove the event from Google Calendar.
Schedule a meeting in Google Calendar
If you create a meeting in Google Calendar and include a guest that is a contact in your HubSpot account, the meeting will appear on their timeline. The same is true if a contact in HubSpot invites you to a meeting; the meeting will appear on the contact's timeline.
- For the meeting to appear in your contact's timeline, the guest must be using the same email address in their contact record's Email property.
- HubSpot automatically prevents any events from being added for members of your organization based on email domain, and existing users in your HubSpot account.
- Any events created prior to the integration will not be synced to HubSpot, even if guests in such events exist as a contact in your HubSpot account and have the same email address in the Email property. Only events created in Gmail while the integration is active will be synced to the contact's timeline.
If you edit or delete the event in Google Calendar, the updates will also appear in the meeting on the contact timeline automatically.