Learn what happens to currently enrolled contacts when you delete a sequence or edit a sequence:
Delete a sequence
When you delete a sequence in your Sales Hub account, the actions in the sequence will continue to execute for any currently enrolled contacts.
If you'd like to prevent these contacts from receiving emails from the sequence in the future, unenroll them before deleting the sequence.
Edit a sequence
If you edit any of the steps in an active sequence, the changes will only be applied to newly enrolled contacts. Any changes you make here will not affect those already enrolled in the sequence.
However, there are a couple alternatives for editing sequences with actively enrolled contacts:
- Unenroll and re-enroll your contacts.
- Edit a sequence email under the Scheduled tab.
Unenroll and re-enroll your contacts
If you would like actively enrolled contacts to receive your updated sequence, you will need to first unenroll them from the sequence and then re-enroll.
You have the ability to re-enroll the contacts in any step of the sequence. When enrolling the contact, select the gear icon and select the step (email or task) at which you'd like to start the sequence for this contact. Once you've selected a step, you can customize the Start sequence on... date and time for the step.
Edit a sequence email under the Scheduled tab
While updating your sequence emails in the sequence editor won't push updates to the live sequences, you can make one-off edits to sequence emails for a particular contact on any active enrollment. You can edit the steps in your active sequence under the Scheduled tab on your sequences dashboard:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales Tools > Sequences.
- Click the Scheduled tab.
- Here you'll see the contacts currently enrolled in your sequences and the sequence emails that are scheduled to be sent to them. To edit one of the sequence emails, hover over it and click Edit (you can also unenroll the contact by clicking Unenroll).
- In the dialog box that appears, make changes to the email and click Save changes at the bottom.
When editing sequence emails, please keep in mind the following:
- You can only edit sequence enrollments that were created after January 22, 2018. Net-new enrollments, however, will be editable.
- Editing scheduled send dates or times on one sequence email can affect scheduled send dates or times of later emails in the sequence. The tool respects the delays that were set up when creating and enrolling the contact in the sequence.