Changes to your sequence won't automatically carry over to the contacts already enrolled for future scheduled steps. However, deleting a contact from your CRM will unenroll that contact from any future sequence steps.
Learn how to manage your active contacts in the following situations:
If you delete a sequence, the actions in that sequence will continue to execute for enrolled contacts. To prevent active contacts from going through future actions, unenroll them before deleting the sequence.
If you edit the steps in an active sequence, the changes will only be applied to newly enrolled contacts. To apply these changes to any active contacts, there are two options:
Unenroll and enroll your contact
- Unenroll the active contact and note the step that was next in their sequence.
- Enroll them to the same sequence. Click the Start at dropdown menu and select the step that was next in their sequence.
- Edit the emails in the sequence and determine when each step should execute, then click Start sequence.
Please note: the changes will not be applied if you use the Re-enroll function on an active contact.
Edit a sequence email under the Scheduled tab
You can edit the steps for contacts in your active sequence under the Scheduled tab on your sequences dashboard:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Sequences.
- Click the Scheduled tab.
- Here, you'll see the contacts currently enrolled in your sequences and the emails that are scheduled to be sent to them. To edit a sequence email, hover over it and click Edit. You can also unenroll the contact from the rest of the sequence by clicking Unenroll.
- In the dialog box, make your email edits and click Save changes.
Please note: editing scheduled send dates or times on one sequence email can affect scheduled send dates or times of later emails in the sequence. The tool respects the delays that were set up when creating and enrolling the contact in the sequence.