When composing a sales email template or a snippet, insert a personalization token to tailor the content based on recipient. The personalization token will populate with the corresponding property value when you send the email template or use the snippet. You can insert a token that populates with values from a contact, company, deal, ticket, or sender (HubSpot user) property. Or you can add a placeholder token that prompts the sender to enter a one-time value that does not save to a HubSpot property.
Please note: placeholder tokens are only available in sales email templates.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to templates or snippets.
- Click the name of the template or snippet to edit, or create a new template or a new snippet.
- Click into the body of your template or snippet where you want to insert a personalization token.
- In the toolbar at the bottom, click the Personalize dropdown menu.
- Click the Type dropdown menu and select a property type.
- If you select a property token, use the search bar to locate and select a specific property.
- If you use a placeholder token, enter a name for the placeholder token in the Custom token field.
When you send the template or snippet to a contact, the property type tokens will populate with the corresponding property value. If you're using a placeholder token, enter a value for the token before sending the email to the contact. The value that your enter here will not save to any HubSpot property.
Please note: if you want to add the name of your contact's associated company to your template or snippet, you should add the company token, Name (or Account Name if you are Salesforce integrated). This is different from the contact property, Company Name. Learn more about the difference between these two properties.
When more than one deal is associated to a contact, the deal personalization token will show the value of the most recently created deal.