Did you forget to tag a social message with a campaign? No worries, HubSpot offers you the opportunity to tag such message with a campaign.
Please note that retroactively tagging a social message with a campaign will not track visits for that campaign, but it will add any click data for that message into your campaign, as well as track interactions for that message in a campaigns report under Social Reports.To associate your published social message with a campaign within the HubSpot Social tool:
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Social > Publishing > click on the published message you wish to tag with one of your HubSpot campaigns.
- You will see that the message has a Add campaign link - click on this link.
- Choose a campaign from the drop-down > select Update campaign.
- Your social message is now tagged with the selected campaign.
To change which campaign your published social message is associated with:
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Social > Publishing > click on the published message you wish to update the campaign for.
- Click the Change link next to the current campaign they are tagged with.
- You will be prompted to change the campaign the message is currently tagged with. However, as the warning message notes, changing the campaign will not associate any visits with the new campaign since HubSpot cannot change the original URL. Therefore, it will only associate clicks and interactions.
- Note: you can also change which campaign your message is associated with by navigating in your HubSpot Marketing portal to Productivity > Campaigns > selecting the new campaign. Next, click Associate below Social Messages and select from the available messages to associate with this campaign. Note: the message must have been published within the last 30 days to appear here.