View the performance of a single HubSpot campaign to measure its impact on contacts, deals, and traffic to your website. You can also analyze the overall effectiveness of your campaigns in your analytics tools.
Please note: HubSpot only attributes data from assets or content to a campaign after the asset or content is associated with the campaign. Any metrics (e.g., new contacts) prior to the association will not be included in the campaign analytics.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Planning and Strategy > Campaigns.
- Click the name of the campaign you want to view or edit.
- In the upper left, you can filter your campaigns:
- Contact attribution: select if new contacts should be attributed to the campaign via First touch or Last touch.
- Date range: select a date range to analyze your campaign.
Please note: the date range filter does not change how campaign data is collected. Data from campaign assets will only be included after the asset is associated with the campaign, even if the date range precedes it.
- The first report shows an overview of the campaign's performance:
- Sessions: the number of sessions associated to the campaign.
- New contacts: new contacts based on the attribution model you selected associated to the campaign.
- Influenced contacts: contacts that engaged with one or more assets that are associated to the campaign. For example, they may submitted a form to a page associated to the campaign.
- Closed deals: number of closed deals associated with new or influenced contacts that are associated to the campaign.
- Influenced revenue (Marketing Hub Professional only): the total amount from closed won deals that are or have been associated to contacts who have been influenced by the campaign.
- Attributed revenue (Marketing Hub Enterprise only): the amount from closed won deals attributed to the campaign using a linear attribution model. You can click the amount to view the individual interactions that are related to your campaign and the closed deal revenue attributed to each interaction.
- If there are campaign goals, they will appear under the respective performance metrics.
- The second report shows a chart of the contacts or sessions attributed to the campaign. Hover over a data point in the report to view a breakdown of metrics.
- In the top left of the chart, click the dropdown menu and select to view contacts or sessions in the chart.
- In the top right of the chart, click the Frequency dropdown menu and select to view the report at a daily or monthly frequency.
- By default, contacts are split by new and influenced. To view only influenced contacts in the report, clear the Split by new and influenced checkbox.
- By default, sessions are split by source. To view total sessions in the report, clear the Split by source checkbox.
- The next section shows the performance of each asset or content type associated with the campaign. To collapse or expand all the asset or content type reports, click Collapse all or Expand all. You can also collapse or expand an individual report by clicking it.
- The metrics in each report vary depending on the asset or content type. To view more detailed performance information, click the name of an asset or piece of content.
- The Traffic section shows traffic to URLs containing the UTM campaign parameter in terms of views, visitors, and new contacts, broken down by source.
- To view paid search traffic further broken down by search term, click Paid search.
- To view other campaigns traffic further broken down by source and medium, click Other campaigns.