In your workflow's settings, you can manage when actions should execute, set unenrollment criteria, add associated campaigns, and allow Salesforce enrollment.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click the name of a workflow.
- In the workflow editor, click the Settings tab.
In the General section, you can manage the days of the week and times that actions can execute, allow contacts to be enrolled from Salesforce, and associate contact-based workflows with HubSpot campaigns.
Set times for actions to executeBy default, workflow actions will execute as soon as an enrolled record reaches the action.
- To specify when actions can take place, select Specific times.
- Select a day from the dropdown menu. Then use the dropdown menus to specify the time range for actions to execute. Times are based on the timezone selected in your account settings.
- To add more action execution times, click Add hours.
When a record reaches an action outside of a set timeframe, the action will be rescheduled for the next available time. Delays will not be rescheduled, but any actions after a delay will be rescheduled. For example:
- A deal-based workflow has been set to only execute actions Monday through Thursday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- A deal enters a 2-day delay on Thursday, then exits the delay on Saturday.
- Upon exiting the delay on Saturday, the deal proceeds to the next action, which is then rescheduled for Monday at 9:00 AM.
Allow enrollment from Salesforce
In contact-based workflows, if you've installed the Salesforce integration and added the HubSpot Visualforce window, you can choose to enroll Salesforce leads and contacts that have synced to HubSpot. To enroll Salesforce leads or contacts, select Yes, allow enrollment from Salesforce.
Associate your workflow with a HubSpot campaign
If you're a Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise user, this contact-based workflow setting allows you to associate your workflows to any of your campaigns. Click the Campaigns associated with dropdown menu and select a campaign name.
When a campaign is associated with a workflow, the following data will be available in the campaign:
- The number of enrolled contacts.
- The number of contacts that joined the goal list. Learn more about setting up workflow goals.
- The overall workflow conversion rate. This is calculated by dividing the Joined goal list number by the Started workflow number, then multiplying by 100 to get a percentage.
Unenrollment and suppression
In the Unenrollment and suppression section, you can set the criteria to unenroll records. In contact-based workflows, you can also manage enrollment of merged contacts, remove contacts that no longer meet enrollment criteria, and prevent enrollment of contacts who meet the criteria of a specified list.
Set unenrollment criteria for companies, deals, quotes, and tickets
In company, deal, quote, and ticket-based workflows, set the criteria that removes records from the workflow:
- Click Set unenrollment triggers.
- In the right panel, set your unenrollment triggers. Then, click Apply filter. Learn more about unenrollment triggers in workflows.
- Add more unenrollment triggers as needed, then click Save.
Remove enrolled contacts from other workflows
This contact-based workflow setting allows you to decide what will happen to enrolled contacts who are also enrolled in another workflow. By default, contacts will not be removed from other workflows.
- Do not remove them from other workflows: contacts will remain enrolled in other workflows.
- Remove them from all other workflows: once the contact is enrolled in this workflow, they will be removed from all other workflows.
- Remove them from a specific workflow: once the contact is enrolled in this workflow, they will be removed from any workflow you select from the dropdown menu. Click the Remove them from specific workflows dropdown menu to select the specific workflow(s).
Prevent merged contacts from enrolling
By default, when you merge contacts, the remaining contact will be enrolled in a contact-based workflow if they meet the enrollment triggers. To prevent merged contacts from enrolling in a workflow, select No for this setting.
Remove contacts that no longer meet enrollment criteria
This setting determines whether a contact will be removed if they no longer meet the enrollment criteria while enrolled.
The No, keep them in this workflow option is selected by default. Select Yes, remove them from this workflow to remove contacts when they no longer meet the starting enrollment criteria.
This setting also applies to test contacts. If you enroll a test contact that does not meet the enrollment triggers when this setting is enabled, they will be automatically unenrolled from the workflow and will not execute any of the steps.
Add a suppression list
In contact-based workflows, click the Suppression lists for this workflow dropdown menu and select a list of contacts that you don't want enrolled in the workflow.
- Only Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise users can create suppression lists for workflows. If you are a Sales Hub or Service Hub Professional or Enterprise user, learn how to unenroll or exclude contacts in contact-based workflows with goals.
- If you want to unenroll or exclude objects in company-based, deal-based, quote-based, or ticket-based workflows, learn how to set unenrollment triggers.
Adding a suppression list to a workflow will do one of three things based on a contact's current enrollment status:
- Contact is not currently enrolled in the workflow and is a member of the suppression list: the contact will not be enrolled in the workflow even if they meet the enrollment triggers at a later time, and will appear in the workflow's history as being found in a suppression list and unenrolled.
- Contact is currently enrolled in the workflow and is a member of the suppression list: the contact will be unenrolled when they reach the next step in the workflow.
- Contact is currently enrolled in the workflow and is not a member of the suppression list: the contact will remain in the workflow. However, if they meet the criteria of the suppression list at a later time, they will be unenrolled.
If a contact is removed from a suppression list, they will not automatically be enrolled in the workflow even if they still meet the workflow's enrollment triggers. Contacts are only enrolled in a workflow at the moment they meet the workflow's enrollment or re-enrollment triggers.