Select "List membership" as the enrollment criteria if you want to enroll contacts from your smart list into your workflow. So, for example, if you want to send workflow emails about an offer to contacts who subscribe to your blog, you can enroll contacts from a list of blog subscribers.
Follow the steps below to set up a workflow with a smart list as your enrollment criteria:
- From your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- Click the button at the top to create a new workflow.
- Give your workflow a name > choose Standard > click the Create workflow button.
- Click the button at the top to set enrollment criteria > set to Automatically enroll contacts when they meet criteria > choose List membership > choose Contacts is a member of list and choose your smart list from the dropdown menu > click Done.
- Activate your workflow by changing Off to On at the top of the workflow.
Your smart list will now serve as the starting condition for this workflow. Any time a new contact joins the list, they will be enrolled in the workflow.