In HubSpot, you have the ability to associate companies in a parent-child relationship. To add a parent or child company to an existing company record:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Companies.
- Click the name of the company you want to edit.
- In the Related companies section in the right panel, click Add parent company or Add child company.
- If you selected Add parent company, in the dialog box, search for the company you want to add, then click Select. The parent company will be shown in the right panel, under Related companies.
- If you’ve selected Add child company, in the dialog box, search and select the checkbox(es) of child companies of the current company record. Once you've selected all the child companies of the current company record, click Done. All child companies will be shown in the right panel, under Related companies.
Can I create more than one level of parent-child relationships?
Yes, you can create multiple levels of parent-child relationships. However, only one level of the hierarchy will appear in the Related companies section: the immediate parent and child companies of the record you are on.
Can a child company be attached to more than one parent company?
No, a child company can only be associated with one parent company.
Can a parent company have more than one child?
Yes. Each parent company can have up to 10,000 associated child companies.
Is it possible to import companies to a parent-child relationship?
No, not at this time.
Does this work with the SFDC integration?
No. If you associate two companies in a parent-child relationship in HubSpot, that relationship will not sync to Salesforce. It is also not possible to sync that relationship from Salesforce.
How does this impact the contact-company automatic association?
Parent-child relationships do not affect the automatic association setting. If you have multiple companies with the same domain name and you add a contact with an email domain that matches the company domain name, HubSpot will associate that contact with the oldest company in your database. Whether that company is a parent or child does not impact this behavior.
Is there any data transfer between parent and child companies?
No. Right now, all associated contacts and deals, as well as all activities logged on the company records, will remain on the company record. There is no data sync between parent and child companies and no data will roll up to the parent company.
Are deals automatically associated with child companies?
No. Deals that are associated with the parent company are not automatically associated with the child company, and vice versa. This applies to deals that were associated before the parent-child relationship, as well as deals associated with the parent company after the child company is added.