Export your records
Last updated: January 29, 2024
- Navigate to your records:
- Calls: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Calls.
- Contacts: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Companies: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Companies.
- Deals: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Deals.
- Payments: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Payments > Payments.
- Tickets: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Service > Tickets.
- Custom objects: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > [Custom object]. If your account has more than one custom object, hover over Custom Objects, then select the custom object you want to view.
- To open the view you want to export:
- In listViewlist view, click the view's tab, or click + Add view then select the view from the dropdown menu. To export all records of that object, open the All [records] view.
- In grid board view (deals, tickets, or custom objects only), click pipeline dropdown menu and select the pipeline with the view you want to export, then click the view dropdown menu and select the view. To export all records in the pipeline, open the All [records] view.
- To export the records:
- In listViewlist view, in the top right of the table, click Export.
- In grid board view, in the top right, click Board actions dropdown menu, then select Export view.
- In the dialog box, click the File format dropdown menu and select the format for your export file.
Please note: the file format XLS has a limit of 65,536 rows. If you're exporting more than 65,536 records, you should select another file format.
- Select either to Include only properties in the view or to include All properties on records. The order of the columns in the export file depends on the option you select:
- If you export only properties in the view, the columns are displayed in the same property order set for the view.
- If you export all properties, the columns are displayed in alphabetical order, with the exceptions of Record ID and associated records. Record ID will be the first column in the file, while associations are included at the end.
- If you're exporting contact records, select the Include all email addresses checkbox to include all email addresses for contacts with multiple emails in the export file.
- If you're exporting company records, select the Include all domains checkbox to include all domain names for companies with multiple domains in the export file.
- Click the dropdown menu to select in which language you'd like your column headers to appear within the exported file. By default, the dropdown menu will show the default language you've selected in your settings. The column headers of default properties will be translated, but the property values within each column will not be translated to the selected language.
- Click Export. You'll receive an email with a download link to your export file. Download links to export files will expire after 30 days.
Set up a large export warning notification
If you're a super admin, you can set up a large export warning notification to know when users are taking record data out of your account. Each super admin can customize their notification to their own needs.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Import & Export.
- Under Export, type or use the arrows to adjust the number. Any record exports equal to or greater than the number specified will cause you to receive a notification.
Frequently asked questions
How do associated objects appear in the export file?
If the records you export have associated records, each associated object will have its own column within the file. Depending on the object you're exporting, you can export information about associated contacts, companies, deals, tickets, custom object records, line items, subscriptions, or payments.
For each associated object, there will be the following headers and information in your exported file:
- Associated [Object] IDs: the IDs of the associated records. Multiple ID values are separated by semi-colons.
- Associated [Object]: the associated record's name (e.g., contact name, company name, etc.). Multiple record names are separated by semi-colons.
Why am I not receiving an email with my export file?
If you're not receiving your export file, the file may be larger than 2GB. You may want to filter down your records and export in separate batches to receive the export faster.
Why aren't all of my exported records shown in my export file?
The file format XLS has a limit of 65,536 rows, so if you've chosen that file type and exported more than 65,536 records, records beyond that number won't appear in the file. You can repeat the export and select to export the records in an XLSX or CSV file instead.
Are there limits to how many exports I can complete?
You can complete up to 300 exports within a rolling 24 hour window, and up to three exports at the same time. Any additional exports will be queued until one of the three concurrent exports is completed.