When you connect your inbox to HubSpot Sales, you may come across Unavailable or Unauthorized connection errors either during the inbox connection process or in your Email Integrations settings.
To resolve this error:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Integrations > Email integrations.
- The error message(s) will appear under the Connected Emails tab.
Below, learn about the root cause of a common inbox connection error and troubleshooting steps. If you're connecting your inbox via IMAP and SMTP, review the troubleshooting steps for inboxes connected with IMAP and SMTP.
Unavailable - API access not enabled for mailbox
Office 365 connected inboxes only
You'll see this error in your HubSpot account as OFFICE_ERROR_REST_API_NOT_ENABLED_FOR_COMPONENT_SHARED_MAILBOX. This error can be caused in one of two ways:
- This error can be an indication that you're in the process of being migrated from an outlook.com/hotmail or other service to an Office 365 account. This migration can take some time, and this error will appear if you attempt to connect while migrating.
- This error can also mean that your domain is using a hybrid on-premises exchange and an Office 365 setup. This means that you have an Office 365 account, but you do not have a mailbox managed by Microsoft directly. As a result, HubSpot cannot access the REST API for your mailbox. One way to verify that your email inbox isn't hosted on Office 365 is to look up your email domain in MX Toolbox, which is an external site that displays MX records. For example, this MX lookup shows that the domain sidekick.engineering is hosted by Office 365, but this MX lookup for mac.com shows no known email provider.