Create a new page
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Marketing > Website > Landing Pages or Website Pages.
- Click Create landing pages/website page.
- Select one of your existing templates for your page.
- Give your new page a name, then click Create page.
Edit your page content
Once you create a new page, you'll be taken to the page editor where you can begin editing and optimizing your content.
To edit the content on your page, hover over a module and click on the pencil iconto make changes to its content and styling.
You can also click the module icon to open up a list of your page's modules to open up a list of your template's modules to edit them in the sidebar editor.
- Click on the module you want to edit.
- Make your changes in the sidebar editor.
- Click Apply to see your changes reflected on the page editor as you work.
- Once you've finished making your edits, click Save and go to module list.
Rich text, header, and single line text modules can be modified directly in the page editor, while the rest of your module types will be edited in the slide-in module sidebar editor. If your template contains flexible columns, you can edit or rearrange your modules in the page editor or in the module sidebar.
Your modules will be styled by default based on the stylesheets applied to your page, but you can also apply some custom inline styles in the content editor. To do this, hover over the module you'd like to style, then click the paint brush icon at the top left of the module. A pane will appear with the styling options for that particular module.
Edit your page settings
To edit your page settings, click on the Settings tab at the top of the website page editor to add some basic page information for search engines and browsers:
- Internal page name - this is the internal name for your website page. You should have already given this a name when you first created the page, but you can still edit it here. This is an internal name for your reference only, and your website visitors will not see this name.
- Page title - this is the phrase that displays in the tab at the top of your web browser when the page loads.
- Page URL - this is the URL for your page. It appears in the URL bar within the browser when visitors navigate to this page.
- Add page to a menu - this allows you to add the current website page you're working on to a new or existing advanced menu in your content settings.
- Meta description - this is the content that will appear in search results below the page title.
- Campaign - from this dropdown menu, you can choose to associate your website page to a HubSpot campaign. You can also click Add new to create a new campaign.
- Featured image - toggle this switch ON if you want a specific image to be featured when your page is shared on social media. Click Upload to select an image from your computer or Browse images to select an image from your file manager.
Click Advanced Options to see customized more settings for your page. The settings in this section are not required to publish your page.
- Require a password to view the page - click the checkbox to add a required password for visitors to access your page content.
- Expire page on a specific date - click the checkbox to schedule your page to expire and redirect on a specific date.
- Additional code snippets - here you can add code snippets in the Head HTML or Footer HTML fields. This is useful for adding raw HTML or tracking
codeto the <head> or <footer> tag of your page.
- HubDB - if you use a HubDB table to manage a dynamic database, you can add it to your page here.
- Template - see the template applied to your page. Click the template preview to edit your template, or click Select a different template to apply a new template to your page.
- Stylesheets - manage which stylesheets are attached to your page. Use the dropdown menus to indicate whether default stylesheets should be enabled, disabled, or follow the default settings. Click Attach a stylesheet and use the dropdown menu to add another stylesheet for you page.
- Canonical URL - At the bottom of your advanced settings is a field to customize your page's canonical URL. This is useful if there is similar content on other pages of your site, and you want to tell search engines which page to rank higher in search results.
Click on the bar graph icon on the sidebar navigation to open to the SEO optimizer. Here you can attach your page to one of your topic clusters and review recommendations to improve your content.
Preview your page
Also on the left-hand side menu, you can choose the eye icon to view the preview section. From here you can do the following:
- Device preview - click on one of the icons to see a preview of your page in the page editor on a specific device type and orientation.
- Smart preview - use the Preview page as specific contact dropdown menu to choose a contact from your contacts database. This will show you how the page content will render for that specific visitor, which can help you preview any personalization or smart content on your page.
- Shareable preview - click Open in new window to see a live preview of your page in your browser. This preview link will work before your page is actually published. Click Copy to copy the link to your clipboard to share with your team.
Publish or schedule your page
After you've added your content, optimized it for search engines, and reviewed the page preview, you're ready to click the Publish or Schedule tab.
From here, you can choose to Publish now or Schedule for later. If you choose Schedule for later, make sure you choose your schedule date and time. Once you've made your selections, click Schedule or Publish.