Please follow the directions noted below to create a custom property.
- Navigate to your properties:
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts Settings.
- In your HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Settings and click Properties on the left. Choose the Contacts, Companies, or Deals tab, and then click Create a property.
- Enter a Label and edit the Internal name if necessary.
- Enter a Description (optional) to notate the need or use of this field.
- Choose a Group you want it to appear in.
- Select a Field type. For more on field types, check out this article.
- Next to Display externally, click/toggle the switch if you would like to allow this new contact property to be used externally (e.g. as a field on a form).
- Click Create to save your new property.