In HubSpot, you can add an email sending domain for DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) email authentication, which is used to verify a sender's identity. Part of this process involves your Domain Host validating the email domain. You can verify that the TXT (Text) record has been connected successfully using a public query tool.
To verify your email sending domain, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to http://www.digwebinterface.com/.
- In the Hostnames or IP addresses box, we'll check the SMTPAPI email sending domain for hubspot.com. So we'll enter "smtpapi._domainkey.hubspot.com" (So, if your website is "mywebsite.com" you can check your email sending domain by typing in "smtpapi._domainkey.mywebsite.com".)
- Click the dropdown menu under Type > choose TXT.
- Click Dig to look at the TXT record for your email sending domain.
- The bottom will show the value of the "smtpapi._domainkey.hubspot.com" TXT record. This will contain a long string of characters that mirror the TXT record value provided to you from HubSpot (as seen here.)