In order for some of the HubSpot Sales features to work, the extension needs permission to be connected to your Gmail inbox. Connecting your inbox gives HubSpot Sales permission to send emails at a scheduled time and the ability to add Unopened Notifications to your activity stream.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to connect your Gmail (G Suite, formerly Google Apps for Work) or Outlook 365 inbox to your HubSpot Sales account:
- Log into your HubSpot Sales account, then navigate to Settings.
- Click Gmail and Outlook from the left side menu > click Begin setup.
- Next, you'll want to click Gmail or Outlook based on where you send your emails from.
- Install the HubSpot Sales extension as needed during this process, if you haven't already. If you're connecting Outlook, you'll need to download the Outlook specific plugin. (If these are already installed, you'll be moved on directly to the next step to connect your email service.)
- If you do not use Gmail (G Suite) or Outlook 365, you won't be able to connect an inbox but you can still use Log in CRM using your unique BCC email address.
- Once you've chosen your email provider, click Connect your account > then choose Accept and connect to Gmail/Outlook.
- You'll next be prompted to log in to your respective account. Enter the email address of the Google account you'd like to use. If you're already logged into one or more of your Gmail or Outlook 365 accounts, you'll be prompted to choose the account you'd like to connect. Make sure you end this process by choosing to Allow access.
- You'll receive a notification that the connection to your inbox was successful and you'll be taken back to your Gmail and Outlook section where you can see your newly connected email account.