The information noted below explains how this testing feature works. Please click here if you would like to learn how actually create an A/B test email.
Please note email A/B testing is only available for HubSpot Marketing Professional and Enterprise accounts.
- Your total send list must include at least 1,000 contacts to run an A/B test. This is because we need at least that large a sample size to gather statistically significant A/B test results.
- You can select any sample size to test and we will send the winning version to the remaining percentage of the recipient list.
- Because your contacts will not always open and read your emails right away, you will need to specify a time limit on how long we'll gather results before choosing a winning version.
Fewer than 1000 contacts
- If you have fewer than 1000 contacts in your send you can choose to run a 50/50 test instead. Otherwise,we'll send the entire list to the version you specify in the "Version to send if sample too low" selector.
- If you choose to run a 50/50 test, you don't need to pick a timeframe or winning version metric.