Once you have created a new email type as described in this article, a new corresponding opted-out contact property will also be created called Opted out of email: [email type name].
Please note that while the property will be visible on a contact's record immediately, existing contacts will not have a value set for it until one of the following occurs:
- The contact is merged with another contact.
- The contact has its email address property changed.
- The contact explicitly opts-in to or opts-out from that email type.
- An integration (eg, via the public API) explicitly marks the contact as opted-in to or opted-out from that email type.
Any changes to the email type will also be propagated to the corresponding contact property:
- Renaming an email type will cause the corresponding property to be renamed.
- Marking an email type as inactive will cause the corresponding property to be hidden from the contact record, and vice versa.