When you turn on the SurveyMonkey integration, HubSpot will automatically grab contact data and bring it into HubSpot. This data will not be added directly to your contact properties; however, you are able to view/segment the data in two ways:
Please note: if you have a Basic SurveyMonkey account, you must use Email Invitation Collector surveys in order to have data sync to HubSpot. You will not be able to see data in HubSpot that was collected using a Web Link survey. Learn more about SurveyMonkey pricing here.
The contact record
You can view SurveyMonkey data on an individual's contact record. You'll first need to ensure that you've chosen to include SurveyMonkey information in contact records' timelines. To do so:
- From your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > All Contacts.
- In the contact's timeline, click the Filter Timeline dropdown > check the box next to the SurveyMonkey option to display SurveyMonkey activity on your contacts' timelines.
Once you've set your timeline filters to include SurveyMonkey data, you'll be able to SurveyMonkey activities on individual contact records.
The List tool
You can segment contacts based on SurveyMonkey activity in the Lists tool. To do so:
- From your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click New list.
- Click Name list, then set the name of your list and choose Smart or Static list.
- In the criteria section of the left sidebar, click SurveyMonkey response.
- Select the appropriate survey from the Contact has responsed to survey dropdown (or from the Contact has not responded to survey dropdown if you'd like to see contacts who have not yet responded).
- If you'd like to further segment based on specific responses, choose a question from the survey in the and the response to dropdown, then set the response criteria.
- Click Done and Save your list.