- Navigate to Setup > Customize > Select either Leads or Contacts > Fields.
- Click the New in the Custom Fields & Relationships section.
- Choose the field type of Picklist and click Next.
- Enter a field label (what you want the field to be named) on your layout - we would suggest HubSpot Lifecycle Stage.
- Enter the values for Lifecycle Stage. These must match the HubSpot labels, so we recommend copy/pasting the value below:
Marketing Qualified Lead
Sales Qualified Lead
- Fill out any other information you would want associated with this field, and click Next.
- Choose the Salesforce profiles that can see this field. In most cases, you will want all profiles to be able to see this field. Click Next.
- Make sure to include the field in the appropriate page layouts.
- Click Save to finish creating the Salesforce field.
- Navigate to Account Menu > Integrations.
- Within the Salesforce section, click Settings, then choose Contacts Field Mappings.
- Select the Add new field mapping button.
- Choose the existing HubSpot Property Lifecycle Stage and the Salesforce field that was just created.
- You should allow HubSpot to pass updates Always, so that updated Lifecycle Stages will be able to sync to Salesforce.
- HubSpot automatically assigns the Lifecycle Stage of Lead to any lead or contact that syncs from Salesforce, Opportunity to any contact associated with an opportunity, and Customer to any contact associated to a Closed/Won opportunity.
- Salesforce cannot rollback the Lifecycle Stage (ex. Customer to Lead) in HubSpot - to do this, you must manually make the change in HubSpot.