Threading allows you to set up your sequences so that your contacts receive sequence emails in a single conversation rather than creating separate, individual conversations for each email. It gives your contacts context and allows them to see all of their interactions with you in one place.
You can choose to enable by default for any sequence or for individual contacts when enrolling them in the sequence from the contact record:
Please note: Sequences threading is only available with a connected Gmail (G Suite) inbox. The threading feature will override the subject lines in subsequent sequence steps. All emails in the sequence will appear as part of the initial conversation with the same subject line.
Enable by default for all contacts:
- In your HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Sales Tools > Sequences.
- Click on the name of the sequence you'd like to edit and then click Edit sequence (or click Create sequence to create a new sequence).
- Under the sequence name at the top of the editor, switch the Enable email threading toggle ON to enable threading for all contacts who receive this sequence.
Enable for an individual contact:
- Navigate to Contacts and click on the contact you'd like to enroll in your sequence.
- Click the Email tab.
- Click the Sequences dropdown and select your sequence.
- In the Review and Customize dialog box, click Settings.
- Check the Enable threading box.
- Review your sequence and make any further customization as needed, then click Send.
Emails in this sequence will now appear as part of a continuous conversation in this contact's inbox instead of separate email threads. You can expect it to look like threading does in a normal Gmail/email thread, like you see below: