Threading allows you to set up your Sequences so that your contacts receive Sequences emails in a single conversation rather than creating separate, individual conversations for each email. It gives your contacts context and allows them to see all of their interactions with you in one place.
You can choose to enable by default for any sequence or for individual contacts when enrolling them in the sequence from the contact record:
Please note: Sequences threading is only available with a connected Gmail (G Suite) inbox.
The threading feature will override the subject lines in subsequent Sequence steps. All emails in the Sequence will appear as part of the initial conversation with the same subject line.
Enable by default for all contacts:
- In your HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Sales Tools > Sequences.
- Click on the name of the Sequence you'd like to edit and click the Edit Sequence button (or click Create Sequence to create a new Sequence).
- Click Settings at the top of your Sequence > click the switch to Enable email threading > click Save.
Enable for an individual contact:
- Navigate to Contacts and click on the contact you'd like to enroll in your Sequence.
- Click the Email tab.
- Click the Sequences dropdown and select your sequence.
- In the Review and Customize dialog box, click Settings.
- Check the Enable threading box.
- Review your Sequence and make any further customization as needed, then click Send.
Emails in this Sequence will now appear as part of a continuous conversation in this contact's inbox instead of separate email threads.