HubSpot uses the HubSpot Owner contact property to determine ownership of contacts in HubSpot. You can automatically assign a HubSpot Owner to a contact with a Workflow using a Set a contact property value action.
Follow the steps below to learn how to automatically assign a HubSpot Owner:
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Contacts > Workflows and click New workflow (or click Actions > Edit to edit an existing workflow).
- Name your workflow > select Standard as the workflow type > click Create workflow.
- Decide on your enrollment criteria (e.g. Contact Property State/Region is equal to...). If you'd like to assign ownership for contacts who already meet the criteria of your starting condition, check the box next to Enroll contacts who already meet this criteria. Click Save to save your starting conditions.
- Click the + icon below the starting condition you created to add an action.
- In the dropdowns that appear for this next step, choose Set contact property value > HubSpot Owner > the appropriate HubSpot Owner based on your enrollment criteria > click Save.
- When you're ready to take your workflow live, toggle the ON/OFF switch in the upper right hand corner. From the pop-up that appears, review your workflow settings and click Turn workflow on. The switch will then turn blue and tell you that your workflow is on.
To automatically assign ownership of each of your other HubSpot Owners, you can clone this workflow then change the starting condition based on the assignment rules for each owner and update the selected HubSpot Owner in the dropdown within the Set contact property value. Alternatively, use branching logic to assign different owners to your leads based on different criteria.
You can also use the Rotate Leads action to assign your leads evenly across multiple HubSpot Owners. To learn more about using this action, check out this article.