If multiple users in your HubSpot account are involved in deals, users with Super admin permissions can set up deal splits. When you set up deal splits, you allow users to share percentages of the amount of a deal. The amount received by each user in a deal split affects their forecast.
Deal splits are useful for salespeople who have a quotas and need to get credit for all of their impacted revenue. To include users who have worked on a deal, but don't necessarily need credit for the deal amount, you can add them as deal collaborators. Users can be included both in a deal split and as a collaborator for the same deal.
Turn on deal splits
Users with Super admin permissions can turn on deal splits in the deal settings.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Objects > Deals.
- Select the Split deals among users checkbox.
- In the pop-up box, select Set up deal splits.
- To set a maximum number of users that can be included in any new deal splits, click the Deal split user maximum dropdown menu and select the number of users.
- To set a minimum percentage that can be applied to users in a deal split, click the Deal split minimum percentage dropdown menu and select a percentage.
Please note: depending on the number of deals in your account, it can take a few minutes or up to a few hours to fully set up deal splits.
Add splits to a deal
Once deal splits are turned on in your settings, users with Edit deal permissions can add a split to a deal.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Deals.
- Click the deal you want to add a split to.
- In the left sidebar, in the Deal splits section, click Add. A deal must have a value for the Amount property to add a deal split.
- Click the Deal split with dropdown menu and select the checkboxes next to the users you want to split the deal amount with. The deal owner will be included by default and can not be removed.
- Under Deal split type:
- Select Split evenly to assign an equal percentage of the deal to all selected users.
- Select Split by percentages to set your own percentages. Enter a percentage number for each user in the Deal split breakdown section until you reach a total of 100%.
- Click Add deal split. You can now view the users and percentage breakdown on the deal record.
- To edit an existing deal split, click the box containing the deal split. In the right panel, make your changes, then click Update deal split.
- To remove an existing deal split, hover over the box and click Remove. In the dialog box, click Remove deal split to confirm.
View deal splits in the forecast tool
Once a split is added to a deal, you can view the split amount for each user in the forecast tool.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Forecast.
- Use the dropdown menus at the top to filter by pipeline, close date, or team. You can also use the search bar to search for specific users and teams.
- To drill down into a specific user's forecast, click the user's name.
- If a deal that the user is included on has a split, you can view the user's percentage and the amount they will receive credit for in the table.
Use deal splits in custom reports
You can also use custom reports to analyze data from your deal splits. For example, you can filter by Deal Split Owner and Deal Split Amount to understand how much credit each user will receive for the deals they are involved in.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Reports.
- In the upper right, click Create custom report.
- In the left sidebar menu, click Custom Report Builder.
- Click the Primary data source dropdown menu, then select Deal splits.
- Select Deals as your secondary data source.
- In the custom report builder, customize your filters.
- Click Save. To save your report as a copy, click Save as.
- In the right panel, name and select dashboard and permission settings for the report. Once you're done, click Save.
Learn more about creating custom reports in HubSpot.