An electronic signature, or an e-signature, is a person's electronic expression of agreement to the terms of a particular document. E-signatures are valid and legal in the United States, Canada, the European Union, the UK, and many other countries. They have the same legal weight as written signatures.
Please note: each individual signature will count toward the HubSpot user's signature limit, including quotes with multiple signatures. A signature will count towards the limit when the e-signature option is turned on for a published quote. The quote does not need to be signed to apply to the signature limit. Learn more about the e-signature limits in Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise accounts.
HubSpot’s e-sign feature is powered by HelloSign. You do not need to create an account with HelloSign in order to use e-sign as part of the regular quote creation process within HubSpot. To use an e-signature, select the Use signature option on the quote signature & payment step and select a HubSpot user to countersign the quote. To sign a quote:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Quotes.
- You'll see your quote listed with a status of Pending signature. Hover over the quote and click the Actions dropdown menu and select Countersign.
- At the bottom of the quote, click the signature field next to your name. Or, click Get started in the top-right corner, then click the signature field.
- In the dialog box, create your signature, then click Insert.
- Click Continue.
- Review the terms of agreement, then click I agree.
- Click Close.
- To view who has already signed the quote, next to the quote, click the Actions dropdown menu and select View signatures.
- To print a downloaded copy of the quote, next to the quote, click the Actions dropdown menu and select Download.