If you have HubSpot's integration with Shopify enabled, you can analyze influenced revenue from abandoned cart emails associated with the integration on the email performance page.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- Click the name of an abandoned cart email.
Please note: the following metric reports will only be available for system-created e-commerce emails (i.e., your system-generated abandoned cart emails). They are not available for regular marketing emails.
- In the Performance tab, two metric reports will display the total amount of revenue influenced by the email, broken down by unique orders and average order amount.
- Click the Unique orders or Influenced revenue numbers to view a breakdown of recipients who made an order/closed a deal, and the product(s) they ordered.
- You'll be redirected to Ordered recipients in the Recipients tab. This displays a list of recipients who closed one or more deals after they opened this email.
- Click the expand icon > on the left of a recipient's name to view a breakdown of the deals. If a contact made more than one order/closed more than one deal following the email, the first order/deal following the open/click event on the email will be attributed to the email.
- Click an order/deal to open the deal in HubSpot.
- Click the Performance tab to return to the email performance page.
- The Top clicked links report includes Product links, which is the total number of clicks on products in the abandoned cart summary of the email.
- The Engagement over time chart includes orders made/deals closed over time. Hover over a data point to view a breakdown of orders, and use the dropdown menu in the upper right to change the time period.
Learn more about general email performance reports and metrics.
Frequently asked questions
What does "influenced” revenue mean?
HubSpot calculates influenced as any order/deal that was closed after engagement on this email.
What happens when two contacts from the same company click the email, but only one deal is closed?
Revenue is deduplicated by order/deal, so while both contacts would show up in the Recipients tab as having placed an order/closed a deal, HubSpot will only count the revenue once to prevent inflating the revenue amount.