If your eligible contacts are not receiving marketing emails sent from your HubSpot account, there are a few steps they can take to ensure that your marketing emails are delivered to their inbox.
- Add your from email address to their email client address book. This tells the inbox that it should expect to receive emails coming from that address. Each email client has a different process for adding email addresses, which can be found in their help documentation.
- Request that their IT/Email team whitelist your email sending domain. This tells their email server that it should expect to receive emails from any from address containing your domain (e.g., hubspot.com).
- Request that their IT/Email team whitelist your sending IP addresses from HubSpot.
- Open and click links in marketing emails they do receive from you. This tells the inbox to trust emails coming from your address and email sending domain. An email client is always learning; if your contacts continue to open and click on your emails, the email client will learn to accept those emails in the future.
- Move your marketing emails found in their SPAM/junk folder back to the inbox. This tells the inbox where to place that email in the future and improves your domain's sender reputation.
Whitelist your sending IP addresses for marketing emails
To find your sending IP addresses in your HubSpot account:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- In the lower left, below the email status sidebar menu, click the More tools dropdown menu and select Manage whitelisting.
- In the dialog box, click Copy to clipboard. This copies all the IP addresses used by HubSpot for marketing emails and internal email notifications. These IP addresses can include single IP addresses (e.g., 220.127.116.11) and ranges of IP addresses (e.g. 18.104.22.168/27). Ensure that you provide the full list of sending IP addresses to your IT/email team to whitelist, including the single addresses and the ranges of addresses.
Please note: a range of IP addresses, like 22.214.171.124/24, includes every IP address within the range, from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52.
Please note: accounts with transactional email or a dedicated IP address will see their dedicated IP address documented here. All of these IP addresses will be copied when you click Copy to clipboard.
To whitelist by email sending domain instead of IP address, add shared.hubspot.com and hubspotemail.net to your network-level whitelist.
Learn more about how to keep your contact lists up to date to improve email deliverability.