This message displays on a contact record when an email was not sent to the contact. A Not sent email is different from an email bounce. In these cases the email is never sent from HubSpot, so the email can't bounce.
HubSpot uses Not sent emails to preserve your sending reputation. The system will only block emails from sending if there's a high probability that the email will not be delivered or if it would be illegal to send an email to that particular contact. You may see Not sent emails for sales or marketing emails and additional messaging depending on the Not sent reason.
- This recipient looks invalid - previous sends to this address have bounced: this message appears when an email to the recipient has previously bounced.
- A previous email to the recipient was flagged as spam: this message appears when an email to the recipient has previously been marked as spam.
- The recipient previously unsubscribed from this subscription type [specific email type]: this message appears when the recipient has opted out of that email type.
- The recipient previously unsubscribed from all subscription types: this message appears when the recipient has previously unsubscribed from all your email subscription types.
- This email looks invalid: this message appears when the email address fails HubSpot's validation attempts due to a syntax error.
- Hmm. This 'from' address looks invalid: this message appears when the email address fails our validation attempts due to a syntax error.
- This company has opted out of all email types: this message appears when the company has explicitly requested to not receive emails from any HubSpot accounts.
- The recipient requested to not receive any emails via HubSpot: this message appears when an individual recipient has explicitly requested to not receive emails from any HubSpot accounts.
- This recipient looks invalid: this message appears when the recipient is globally bounced.
- This recipient's domain was blocked: this message appears when there is an explicit request from the owners of the domain to not receive any email sent from HubSpot accounts.
- The recipient has not yet confirmed their subscription: this message appears when the email cannot be sent because the user hasn’t confirmed double opt-in.
- This email send was cancelled: this message appears when the user cancels the email send.
- This email wasn’t able to be delivered: this message appears when HubSpot's Mail Transfer Agents (MTAs) fail to deliver the email for any number of reasons.
- The recipient was suppressed due to the send frequency cap: this message appears if you've already sent the contact the maximum number of marketing emails for the month, as designated in your email settings. This feature is available to Marketing Hub Enterprise accounts only.
- Your account has gone over its monthly limit for email sends: this message appears when you've exceeded your email provider's cap on monthly emails.
- Your account was suspended for non-compliance or deliverability issues: this message appears if you've previously violated email policies.
- The email address in the 'to' field failed validation: this message appears when you try to send to a role based email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. This message will also appear if the email address you entered is misspelled, invalid, or fake.
- Recipient was suppressed due to low engagement: HubSpot will avoid sending email to unengaged contacts to help you maintain a healthy email sending reputation. Learn more about graymail and unengaged contacts.