If you've encountered an issue wheninstalling or operating the desktop add-in, click the corresponding link below for troubleshooting steps:
- 'An error occurred attempting to install HubSpot Sales in Outlook'
- 'Microsoft Office solution cannot be installed due to a general installer error'
- 'Customized functionality in this application will not work...'
- 'Value does not fall within the expected range'
- 'Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity is already installed'
- 'Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor.'
- 'Process cannot access file because it is being used by another process'
- What can I do if Outlook is crashing with HubSpot Sales installed?
- What should I do if my sales extension for Outlook is repeatedly becoming disabled?
- HubSpot Sales & Outlook Error: "The value of the property 'type' cannot be parsed"
Follow the steps below if your emails are not tracking or if you're not receiving open notifications.
Emails are not tracking
After sending a test email to email@example.com, you may receive a response that your email was not tracked. Try the troubleshooting steps below to address this:
- Ensure that HubSpot Sales for Windows is installed and enabled.
- Once the tray app is installed, right-click the HubSpot sprocket icon in the tray menu in the bottom right-hand corner of your PC.
- If the app is not enabled, the icon will be grayed out. After right-clicking, select Enable Notifications.
- Before sending your email, ensure that the Track email box is checked.
=3D"display:none!important" height=3D"1" width=3D"1">
- Emails sent in Plain Text mode cannot be tracked. If you see that emails are sending in Plain Text, switch to HTML mode:
- Compose a new email in Outlook.
- Under the Message Options tab in the Format group, click HTML or Rich Text.
- Try uninstalling and then re-installing the add-in.
After walking through these steps, send another test tracked email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a notification.
Notifications are not appearing
- Real-time HubSpot Sales notifications are sent through Google Chrome or the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app. If you are sending tracked emails using the Outlook desktop add-in and are not receiving real-time HubSpot Sales notifications, make sure your Chrome browser is running in the background or that you have the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app enabled.
- If you have the Windows tray app installed as well as the Chrome extension, the tray app will not display notifications. HubSpot Sales will rely on the Chrome extension to do this instead.
- Ensure that you are logged into the correct HubSpot Sales account when sending tracked emails using the desktop add-in. If you're logged into the incorrect HubSpot Sales account in Chrome, your Outlook inbox needs to be reconfigured to the correct account. Check out this article for instructions on this process.
Please note: real-time notifications are not available if you are using the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in. Instead, you'll only see activity in your HubSpot activity feed under Sales Tools > Activity Feed.
When you're working with HubSpot Support to troubleshoot the desktop add-in, you'll occasionally be asked to provide debug logs. When you have the extension installed in Outlook, it will store information in report logs on your computer. These logs are saved each day the extension is used, and your file names refer to the usage date. If your extension isn't functioning as expected, these logs help the support team take a deeper look into what's happening with the add-in on your computer.
There are two ways to gather debug logs: from your PC's Start Menu and from your Outlook account.
Access my debug logs from your PC's Start Menu
- On your PC, click your Start Menu.
- Paste this file path into the search bar at the bottom of your menu and press Enter on your keyboard: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick\Logs (be sure to replace %username% with the username you use to sign into your PC).
- A window will open with your debug logs. Add these logs as attachments to your support ticket.
Access debug logs from your Outlook account
- In Outlook, click HubSpot Sales in the main ribbon and select Settings.
- In the dialog box, click Help > Send Logs.
- This will open an email composition window with a HubSpot Outlook distro email in the To field. Replace this with the email address of the support specialist you're working with and click Send.
The troubleshooting steps below pertain to installation and email tracking issues using the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in:
To install the Office 365 add-in, you must
- use a supported version of Outlook.
- have access to the Microsoft store.
- have the necessary permissions from your email administrators to use third party add-ins in your inbox.
- add the add-in in each inbox if you're using multiple inboxes.
- connect your inbox.
If you do not meet the criteria above, use the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in instead. You can find requirements and installation instructions here.
There are a few reasons your email may not have been tracked when using the Office 365 add-in:
- Your inbox has not been connected. The HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in requires a connected inbox.
- The add-in wasn't open when the email was sent. To open the add-in:
- If you're using an Outlook desktop account on a PC or Mac, click Sales Tools in the Outlook ribbon at the top of the compose window. If the Sales Tools icon is grayed out, restart Outlook.
- If you're using an Outlook on the web or Outlook.com account, compose a new email and click the HubSpot sprocket icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the email composition window.
- The Track email opens box was not checked when the email was sent. You'll need to check the box for each email you'd like to track. Learn more about tracking emails here.