The information below covers issues with the Office 365 add-in:
If you're using the Office 365 add-in in Outlook desktop on a PC, you might experience the add-in being grayed out/disabled.
If the Office 365 add-in is grayed out in both your main Outlook inbox ribbon and within your Outlook message ribbon, there's an issue with your Outlook program itself. Try closing Outlook and reopening it.
If the add-in is enabled in your main Outlook inbox ribbon but grayed out in your Outlook message ribbon, try the steps below:
- First, check to see if your email is being encrypted. You may need to contact your IT team for this.
- If your email is not being encrypted, try repairing Outlook:
- Open the Start menu in Windows.
- Search for and click Uninstall a program or Add or remove programs.
- Locate and click the Outlook or Microsoft Office program, then click Modify or Change.
- In the dialog box that appears, you’ll be asked to select the Repair mode. Select Online Repair, then click Repair.
There are several reasons why your email may not have been tracked when using the Office 365 add-in:
- Your inbox hasn't been connected. The HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in requires a connected inbox.
- The add-in wasn't open when the email was sent. To open the add-in:
- If you're using an Outlook desktop account on a PC or Mac, click Sales Tools in the Outlook message ribbon. If the Sales Tools icon is grayed out, restart Outlook.
- If you're using an Outlook on the web or Outlook.com account, compose a new email and click the HubSpot sprocket icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the email composition window.
- The Track email opens box was not checked when the email was sent. You'll need to check the box for each email you'd like to track.
Before trying any of the steps below, make sure you're using the most up-to-date version of the Outlook desktop add-in. HubSpot Sales will automatically prompt you to update when Outlook restarts and a newer version is available. You can force a check for updates by shutting down Outlook and reopening it.
Alternatively, if you're not seeing the HubSpot Sales in Outlook at all, check out this article: What should I do if I no longer see HubSpot in my Outlook inbox?
The information below covers issues with the Outlook desktop add-in pertaining to updating, tracking and notifications, and obtaining debug logs:
- Update the add-in
- Tracking & notifications
- Emails are not tracking
- Notifications are not appearing
- Debug logs
Before troubleshooting, ensure that you have the most recent version of the add-in. Any recent version of HubSpot Sales for Outlook will support automatic updating, although there are some instances where you may want to manually trigger an update.
First, check which version number is in use to determine if auto-updates are possible.
- In your Outlook inbox, click HubSpot Sales in the ribbon, then select Settings.
- In the dialog box that appears, check your Plugin Version and take the steps below:
If the version number is 2.0.3 or above
You are on a version of the HubSpot Sales Outlook add-in that supports automatic updates. To update the add-in, simply close and re-open Outlook. If an update is available, it will be applied automatically.
If the version number is 22.214.171.124 or below
You are on an older version of the HubSpot Sales Outlook add-in that does not support automatic updates. To update the add-in, you will need to uninstall the add-in and install the updated version:
Follow the steps below if your emails are not tracking or if you're not receiving open notifications.
Emails are not tracking
After sending a test email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you may receive a response that your email was not tracked:
- Ensure that HubSpot Sales for Windows is installed and enabled.
- Once the tray app is installed, right-click the HubSpot sprocket icon in the tray menu in the bottom right-hand corner of your PC.
- If the app is not enabled, the icon will be grayed out. After right-clicking the icon, select Enable Notifications.
- Before sending your email, ensure that the Track email box is checked.
<img src=3D"http://t.sidekickopen69.com/e1t/o/5/f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B=9gXrN7sKj6v5 dlMTVfn3cs3M2y_-W2B89RP1pctGFW8mdf1T1k1H6H0?si=3D56803726671216=64&pi=3D01cd79e8 c6c3-455d-d1aa-5175f2b770de&ti=3Dundefined" style=3D"display:none!important" height=3D"1" width=3D"1">
- Emails sent in Plain Text mode cannot be tracked. If you see that emails are sending in Plain Text, switch to HTML mode:
- Compose a new email in Outlook.
- Under the Message Options tab in the Format group, click HTML or Rich Text.
- Try uninstalling, then re-installing the add-in.
After taking these steps, send another test tracked email to email@example.com to receive a notification.
Notifications are not appearing
- Real-time HubSpot Sales notifications are sent through Google Chrome or the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app. If you are sending tracked emails using the Outlook desktop add-in and are not receiving real-time HubSpot Sales notifications, make sure your Chrome browser is running in the background or that you have the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app enabled.
- If you have the Windows tray app installed as well as the Chrome extension, the tray app will not display notifications. HubSpot Sales will rely on the Chrome extension to do this instead.
- Ensure that you are logged into the correct HubSpot Sales account when sending tracked emails using the desktop add-in. If you're logged into the incorrect HubSpot Sales account in Chrome, your Outlook inbox needs to be reconfigured to the correct account. Check out this article for instructions on this process.
Please note: real-time notifications are not available if you are using the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in. Instead, you'll only see activity in your HubSpot activity feed under Sales Tools > Activity Feed.
When you're working with HubSpot Support to troubleshoot the desktop add-in, you'll occasionally be asked to provide debug logs. When you have the extension installed in Outlook, it will store information in report logs on your computer. These logs are saved each day the extension is used, and your file names refer to the usage date. If your extension isn't functioning as expected, these logs help the support team take a deeper look into what's happening with the add-in on your computer.
There are two ways to gather debug logs: from your PC's Start menu and from your Outlook account.
Access my debug logs from your PC's Start menu
- Copy and paste %appdata%\Sidekick\Logs into your Start menu in Windows and press Enter.
- A window will open with your debug logs. Add these logs as attachments to your support ticket.
Access debug logs from your Outlook account
- In Outlook, click HubSpot Sales in the inbox ribbon and select Settings.
- In the dialog box, click Help and select Send Logs.
- This will open an email composition window with a HubSpot Outlook distro email in the To field. Replace this with the email address of the Support specialist you're working with and click Send.