Once you start enrolling contacts in your sequences, you can monitor each sequence's performance. Analyzing their performance will tell you which sequences elicit more replies and prompt more meetings booked, and which sequences may need to be customized further.
Sequence dashboard and summary page
After you enroll your contacts in a sequence, you can monitor their performance directly on the sequence dashboard and on the summary page for each sequence.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Sequences.
- On the sequences dashboard, the data in the Reply Rate and Meeting Rate columns allows you to analyze how your sequences are performing.
- To view open and click data for an individual sequence, click the sequence name.
- At the top of the summary page, use the dropdown menus to filter sequence data by a specific time range, or enrollments by a specific user.
- The first report shows an overview of the sequence's open rate, click rate, and reply rate totals. This applies to automated emails and emails sent as a part of a task in the sequence. Specifically, you can analyze the following metrics:
- Total enrolled: the total number of contacts enrolled in the sequence.
- Open rate: percent of enrolled contacts who opened any email in the sequence at least once.
- Click rate: percent of enrolled contacts who clicked a link in an email sent from the sequence at least once.
- Reply rate: percent of enrolled contacts who replied at least once to any email sent from the sequence.
- Meeting rate: percent of enrolled contacts who booked a meeting while enrolled in the sequence. To count towards the meeting rate, the contact must book a meeting using a meeting link that is included in one of the sequences emails they received.
- Unsubscribe rate: percent of enrolled contacts who unsubscribed from the sequence.
- Bounce rate: percent of enrolled contacts whose email address bounced while enrolled in the sequence.
- The table below the overview report shows metrics for individual email templates sent in the sequence. If the email was sent as part of a task in the sequence, the sequence step will be labeled as Email.
Please note: HubSpot will not record open and click data for any contacts enrolled in your sequences prior to February 1, 2019. Because of this, individual open and click data for a specific email send will not match the summary totals. If you want the individual metrics to match the summary totals, clone the existing sequence and enroll contacts from the clone. However, data from the original sequence will not be included on the cloned sequence's summary page. Learn more about this change on the HubSpot Community.
- The table at the bottom of the sequence summary page shows data about the recipients enrolled in the sequence.
- At the top left of the table, click the Status dropdown menu to filter your contacts by their enrollment status.
- Next to the recipient's Status column, click the Actions dropdown menu to email, call, create a task, or manually unenroll the contact.
You can review data about your sequences' performance on your reporting dashboards.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Dashboards.
- In the search bar in the upper right, search for sequences.
- Analyze your sequence performance using the Sequence enrollment totals and engagements report. It shows the total enrolled contacts in each sequence and how they are engaging with your sequence.
- To add the report to your dashboard, click Save report.
Sales content analytics
If you are a Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise user, you can see an overview of your sequence performance in the sales content analytics tool. Learn more about using your sales content analytics tool to analyze your sequences.